Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Short haul CE selling class amendment? Is R the new I?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2008, 1:41 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

Pricing up some CE trips this evening - I see R is now being offered up on BA.com as the cheapest restricted business selling class on short haul. R fares are broadly comparable with the previous I fares.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: Shiny ones
Change from when R was Concorde...

(along with A, N, U)
Old Aug 20, 2008, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Indeed R is the new I.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:24 pm

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
There is still an I bucket showing for the trips I've been looking at (e.g. AMS ex LHR, LGW and LCY in Sep), although this is probably for thru fares, e.g. AMS-JFK, etc.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 3:26 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
I have got CE flights over the next three months - all EU <> EU and they are all showing as I fares.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 9:53 pm

xxxxx

Last edited by meeshi; Oct 20, 2011 at 9:56 am
Old Aug 21, 2008, 12:27 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by meeshi
R is the next category in CW above I.
I fares are 42 days in advance.
The R fares offer a discounted CW inside of 42 days to dep.
We are NOT talking about CW but CE!
Old Aug 21, 2008, 2:35 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by dunk
There is still an I bucket showing for the trips I've been looking at (e.g. AMS ex LHR, LGW and LCY in Sep), although this is probably for thru fares, e.g. AMS-JFK, etc.
(ex-EU) Through fares (even booked in I) book into J for the short-haul connection. Indeed I now wonder why the I fare bucket is still there on short-haul flights, as far as I can tell no regular fare will book into it (but perhaps group or sale fares?).
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:50 am

Programs: BA Bronze, GF, EK, WY
Originally Posted by frankvb
(ex-EU) Through fares (even booked in I) book into J for the short-haul connection. Indeed I now wonder why the I fare bucket is still there on short-haul flights, as far as I can tell no regular fare will book into it (but perhaps group or sale fares?).
Maybe this is a short-term thing and it's easier to leave the I bucket there for the time being. For the few LON-AMS flights I've looked at, I availability seems to track R precisely.

I can't see any adv purchase fares, even as far out as Oct & Nov.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 3:53 am

The I -> R change seems to be right. I've just checked some LGW-SZG flights for february/march and a week ago, they were selling as I; now they are booking into R for the same price.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:05 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Effective for sales and travel from 20 August 2008, changes are being made to I class commercial fares and Domestic high yield fares as outlined below.

I to R class changes
British Airways will no longer be offering commercial fares in I class on all international Shorthaul point-to-point and transfer journeys. These fares will be changing to R class which is currently an unused class on shorthaul.

There will be no change in fare levels or conditions, this is purely a change in the booking class.

Passengers already ticketed in I class will not be re-accommodated, therefore any changes to tickets e.g. reissues/revalidation, will not be required.

Confirmed un-ticketed segments booked in I class will be proactively rebooked in to R class via an internal process. A message will be sent to the PNR originator informing them that the class has changed.

This change is applicable to all shorthaul routes with the exception of LGWTUN, LHRALG and LHRTIP, which remain unaffected by these changes.

Domestic High Yield changes
All intercontinental and shorthaul premium bookings connecting to a single cabin domestic sector, from 20 August 2008, should no longer be booked in C,D,I or R class and should be booked in J or Y. This change will not increase the through fare on these itineraries and has been made to ensure customers book the correct fares to entitle them to lounge access.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:12 am

Programs: BA GGL
Same on Expertflyer for some random dates/places I put in. Wonder why they made the change?
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by Callum_1

Domestic High Yield changes
All intercontinental and shorthaul premium bookings connecting to a single cabin domestic sector, from 20 August 2008, should no longer be booked in C,D,I or R class and should be booked in J or Y. This change will not increase the through fare on these itineraries and has been made to ensure customers book the correct fares to entitle them to lounge access.
Well if they also applied this rule to any redemption bookings in J or F so that the Doms were also booked into J or Y it would create a Biz UK condition and no more arguing with lounge staff about being allowed in lounges on connections.
Old Aug 21, 2008, 4:26 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by edi-traveller
Well if they also applied this rule to any redemption bookings in J or F so that the Doms were also booked into J or Y it would create a Biz UK condition and no more arguing with lounge staff about being allowed in lounges on connections.
And you would get TPs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.