Wiki Posts
Search

BA - Policy on VDB

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2008, 7:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

BA - Policy on VDB

Just checking my BA10 flight and noticed that both F and J Class (and all sub class) are 0 and the seatmaps are all allocated.

Generally what is the policy of VDB and IDB of BA? Is it advisable to ask at checkin. (wouldn't mind getting transferred to CX!)
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles and more, Sofitel Privelege, Priority Club Platinum Amb
Maybe I'm having a bad day & thought I knew most TLAs, but not VDB. Help?
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
AFAIK "Voluntary Denied Boarding" aka "yes, I want some money, please offload me if you're oversold". Some people seem to make a living out of this Stateside from posts I've read before.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Originally Posted by IHEARTNY1
Just checking my BA10 flight and noticed that both F and J Class (and all sub class) are 0 and the seatmaps are all allocated.

Generally what is the policy of VDB and IDB of BA? Is it advisable to ask at checkin. (wouldn't mind getting transferred to CX!)
Did you check QF? - that is the most likely destination in the unlikely event you get bumped.
Old Aug 19, 2008, 5:47 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irmster
Did you check QF? - that is the most likely destination in the unlikely event you get bumped.
Well both QF and BA are pretty full. I wil certainly NOT get bump onto QF and put up with the inferior SKybeds.
Old Aug 20, 2008, 4:26 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles and more, Sofitel Privelege, Priority Club Platinum Amb
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
AFAIK "Voluntary Denied Boarding" aka "yes, I want some money, please offload me if you're oversold". Some people seem to make a living out of this Stateside from posts I've read before.
Ah thanks, I had this once, had a nice extra couple of hours in the lounge, watched some footie and was given Ł250 - excellent result!
Old Aug 20, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, Avis Preferred Plus, Amex Plat
I'm always surprised they have to offer so much.

AA offered me $500 to take a later (by 2 hours) LHR-JFK flight once. I jumped at the chance but by the time I'd made it through security and got to the gate it was nearly fully boarded. I suspect another volunteer got there first.

But I would have happily done it for less, or a more comfortale seat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.