MFU after outbound flown

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold
MFU after outbound flown

Hello All,

Another MFU question from me!

I've flown my outbound flight from BDA-LGW where I MFUed the outbound only from WT+ to club. I thought there was a good chance I'd have to move my return flight which I've since done.

I've just tried to call and MFU my return flight, but the telephone agents say that you can't MFU after the outbound is flown. Is this a new thing? I'm sure I've done this before, when availability has opened up after I've flown the outbound flight.

Thanks in advance for any advice. I've tried calling twice, with the same result. My BAEC account is with the North American service centre.

--
Joe
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
The agent is correct - and, no, it's not a new thing. It's always been that way that I can recall.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Nothing new about it sorry. I'd forgotten it existed when I tried to get them to waive this earlier in the year, but no joy for me or my mum who I was trying to upgrade as a surprise.
Old Aug 17, 2008, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

You could try asking at the airport for your return flight how much it would be to upgrade to CW ( or ask your friendly CSD once on board)

Regards

TBS
Old Aug 17, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

You could try asking at the airport for your return flight how much it would be to upgrade to CW ( or ask your friendly CSD once on board)

Regards

TBS
I have found that asking a CSD is a better bet, especially if you have a non-flexible ticket. While the door is still open they have to ask the gate staff if possible to upgrade and with a non-flex, they will go by the book. i.e. NO!

However once the door is shut it is at the CSD's discretion as to whether they will allow upgrade and how much to charge (although this may have become more formalised of late!).
Old Aug 17, 2008, 2:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by OPebble
I have found that asking a CSD is a better bet, especially if you have a non-flexible ticket. While the door is still open they have to ask the gate staff if possible to upgrade and with a non-flex, they will go by the book. i.e. NO!

However once the door is shut it is at the CSD's discretion as to whether they will allow upgrade and how much to charge (although this may have become more formalised of late!).
Hi,

That is probably true, although I have read here that it seems more common at the outstations to offer upgrades at check in for cash that would be a lot less than the fare difference ( ie IIRC one FT posted that there was an offer of upgrading CW to F for only $400 from PHX) so probably no harm in asking at checkin also.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.