Gatwick Airport staff announced a two-day stike.

Old Aug 15, 08, 4:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA : BMI : Virgin

Baggage handlers and check-in staff will strike on Bank Holiday Monday, 25 August and again on Friday of the same week
Old Aug 15, 08, 5:05 am

Which company? Not BA, that I know of as there hasn't been any ballot amongst BA staff.
Old Aug 15, 08, 5:09 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by adrianjc32 View Post
Which company? Not BA, that I know of as there hasn't been any ballot amongst BA staff.
I suspect the ground handlers - Servisair?
Old Aug 15, 08, 5:12 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by adrianjc32 View Post
Neither me and I'm LGW staff. Certainly there was absolutely nothing about it yesterday, nor any rumours or rumblings at all.

Perhaps Servisair in response to 200 or so of their staff being laid off.
Old Aug 15, 08, 5:13 am

Just looked on the BBC and yes it is. However the BBC have still used a picture of BA self service in Zone R LHR.
Old Aug 15, 08, 5:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Ah yes, Swissport - I believe they handle lots of the smaller carriers in the North Terminal, ie. Malev, SN Brussels, Comet, Virgin Nigeria, etc. Not sure who they handle in the South.

Although I respect their right to strike over a pay issue, I'm surprised they'd do it at a time like this when things are so bad in the aviation industry worldwide and so many are losing jobs as a result.
Old Aug 15, 08, 9:11 am

Programs: Meh!
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl View Post
Perhaps Servisair in response to 200 or so of their staff being laid off.
That will impress Boris.
Old Aug 15, 08, 9:53 am

Programs: Hhonors (Diamond); HGVC (Elite); Ex/Comp'd - Priority Club (Platinum); UA (Gold); KLM (Gold);
Not just Gatwick ...

... but Stansted, and potentially Manchester, Birmingham and Newcastle who will also be balloted. Further walkouts on Friday August 29th may follow.

The airlines to which Swissport provides ground handling services at Gatwick are Adria, Afriqiyah, Air Malta, Air Comet, Air Transat, Balkan Holidays, First Choice, KD Avia, Malev Hungarian Airlines, Monarch, Northwest, Oman Air, TAP Portugal, Thomsonfly and Virgin Atlantic.

At Stansted airport, Swissport services Ryanair, easyJet, Thomas Cook, Cyprus, Germanwings, Norwegian, Transavia and Air Malta.

As per ... http://www.travelbite.co.uk/news/uk/...d-$1236566.htm

Search this Thread