FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   I got a Dividend! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/850742-i-got-dividend.html)

BA or bust Jul 31, 2008 2:50 pm

I got a Dividend!

After many years of expectantly waiting for the Postman to deliver one....

I got a divi cheque today. ^ :D

More than enough for a round of drinks.. but not if were glasses of Krug. ;)

And I have had more than my initial modest investment back in 10% off flights, which is VERY :cool:

My only worry is that next year the cheque (if there is one) will come addressed to Senor BA or busta... and denominated in pesetas. :rolleyes:

TravellerFrequently Jul 31, 2008 2:53 pm

Excellent - looking forward to mine!

Edited to add:

£10.05 received!

bernardd Jul 31, 2008 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by BA or bust (Post 10129095)
My only worry is that next year the cheque (if there is one) will come addressed to Senor BA or busta... and denominated in pesetas. :rolleyes:

I guess you've been so short of said divi that you haven't been able to afford to go to Spain recently? I think you might find they use Euro's these days....

Prospero Jul 31, 2008 3:04 pm

Goodness me, I have a cheque too, for one thousand new pence :)

matthewuk Jul 31, 2008 3:12 pm

wahey - me too! £10 deposited in my share account. Not a bad return considering I got mine for 199.5p each !!!

BA or bust Jul 31, 2008 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by bernardd (Post 10129174)
I guess you've been so short of said divi that you haven't been able to afford to go to Spain recently? I think you might find they use Euro's these days....

Oh, senor I haf been working away from home for so long that they changed de money! :p

BA or bust Jul 31, 2008 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by matthewuk (Post 10129257)
wahey - me too! £10 deposited in my share account. Not a bad return considering I got mine for 199.5p each !!!

98.5p for mine! Can anyone beat that? :D

Wish I'd bought more and sold last year at £5.68.... :(

The _Banking_Scot Jul 31, 2008 3:52 pm

Hi,

I will be getting,

more BA shares ( Divdend Reinvestment thorugh Halifax Share dealing)

Regards

TBS

Mutu Aug 1, 2008 11:50 am

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot (Post 10129455)
Hi,

I will be getting,

more BA shares ( Divdend Reinvestment thorugh Halifax Share dealing)

Regards

TBS

So will I but I dont know when!

gum Aug 1, 2008 2:17 pm

BA'S Dividend has arrived in Germany too

Just to add the comment, that the valued dividend has arrived on my account
in Germany too. ^

Only sad that it has been converted from British Pound to Euros.....

pinkcat Aug 1, 2008 4:05 pm

I dont know whether to frame it or cash it, might not see another one ! but then £50 buys a couple of bottles of something nice:D:D

BA or bust Aug 1, 2008 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by gum (Post 10134873)
Just to add the comment, that the valued dividend has arrived on my account
in Germany too. ^

Only sad that it has been converted from British Pound to Euros.....

At least in was not in pesetas. ;)

schofs Aug 4, 2008 11:31 am

When did we need to have held shares to qualify? I bought mine about 2 months ago, so not expecting one...

The _Banking_Scot Aug 4, 2008 11:38 am

Originally Posted by schofs (Post 10146921)
When did we need to have held shares to qualify? I bought mine about 2 months ago, so not expecting one...

Hi schofs,

The ex-dividend date was 28th May 2008 ( ie BA needed to have your name on the shareholders register at that date)

Regards

TBS

Echo J Aug 4, 2008 1:31 pm

How many shares were needed to qualify? I've had mine since december '07 or march '08 (can't really remember), but didn't see anything remotely resembling dividends. Only have 250, but still...