Search

You First - New Service when flying in F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by FSHHUNT
Guys - for those who are traveling F and haven't yet received the email, this could be the reason. It was stated in the terms and conditions at the bottom of my email:

This email was sent to *****@mac.com. You have received this email because you have opted to receive Executive Club marketing emails from the British Airways Group. If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, please click here and ensure you submit *****@mac.com, the email address you signed up with. Please allow 10 days for all requests to be actioned.
Hi,

Thanks for that FSHUNT,

However I checked my BAEC account and the marketing boxes were already ticked.

Maybe it will come tomorrow when the system goes live.

Regards

TBS
Old Jul 28, 2008, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FSHHUNT
Guys - for those who are traveling F and haven't yet received the email, this could be the reason. It was stated in the terms and conditions at the bottom of my email:

This email was sent to *****@mac.com. You have received this email because you have opted to receive Executive Club marketing emails from the British Airways Group. If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, please click here and ensure you submit *****@mac.com, the email address you signed up with. Please allow 10 days for all requests to be actioned.
Still no email for me, although after checking I also realised that I hadn't been issued with an e-ticket for my current booking. I defintely am included in all marketing emails.
Old Jul 29, 2008, 1:33 am

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Not bad!

I just used the service to fix the APIs on two separate return flights. The phone was answered even before I heard a ring, the lady on the end of the phone was totally clued up. Both APIs turned out to have the wrong passport number in them. She also fixed my EC profile to reflect the correct number.

All done in three minutes, definitely no 'computer says no' or script monkey types there.

I am impressed.^

Cheers, Howard
Old Jul 29, 2008, 2:32 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Just got an email too @ 08:29 in answer to an email that I sent so quite prompt.

Z****L EDI-LHR-CPT-LHR-EDI FIRST

Response 29/07/2008 08.29 AM
Dear Mr pmcg

Thank you for your email. I apologise for the delay in response, however the You First helpdesk commenced work today, 29 July, as per the terms and conditions on the welcome email we sent last week.

On this itinerary, it is certainly correct that you will be able to use the BA lounge at EDI, and then one of the lounges at Terminal 5. Your boarding card will not say "UK Business" however the fact that you are continuing onwards in First Class certainly entitles you to the use of the facilities.

On behalf of the You First team, I'd like to take this opportunity to wish you both a very pleasant trip.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:38 am

A big ^^ to You First on their first day of service... when it turns out I needed them.

There had been a bit of a mix-up on my re-issue from Bremen for a redemption in F (owing to an ADC for taxes), and an email I sent was answered within one hour of the service launching yesterday. Quick replies subsequently both to emails and a phone call I made in, all by the same individual who I could really feel was dedicated to following through the issue until completion, and ensuring that my concern about having to run around the airport to get tickets re-issued there would be unnecessary as it could be done all in advance.

The agent's follow-through was great, and further he was apologetic for the inconvenience in this not having been handled better earlier, and in the end he waived the additional collection as a good will gesture. ^

I hope not to have to use You First much again, but definitely rest easily knowing they're there to catch the ball when needed.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 10:10 am

I was really hoping this service might be able to get me on to an earlier MAN-LHR flight for out First trip to CPT, without charging me the ridiculous £80 per person due to increase in charges. But alas, it was not to be.

Impressed with getting straight through to a very helpful and knowledgeable agent though. The phone was answered so quickly I didn't have my booking reference to hand!

Now to decide, is £80 worth it for a couple more hours chilling in the Concorde Room - the meal, massage and bubbly better be good!
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:08 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I, too, did not receive the e-mail (my EC profile did not indicate I wanted e-mails). I do travel in F on BA and would like the phone numbers and e-mail contact for "You First". Do they have separate numbers for the U.S. and Europe? I'd be grateful if anyone could post, or PM, the information to me.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI Gold, One Pass Platinum, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum
Could someone PM me the number and email address as well - not received it but need to ask about merging 2 bookings on to one for check through baggage

Thanks all
Old Jul 30, 2008, 11:58 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
I was under the impression the "You First" service is a trial and was targeted at selected customers, which may explain why some people have the contact details and some don't and therefore maybe the number should not be shared as it could ruin it for everyone?

Before anyone picks me up on this, I see it as different to me posting the telephone number for Quintessentially in the T5 CCR for booking Cabanas, as that is a service that is clearly advertised as being available to all pax holding a F ticket.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 1:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
I have a rezzy in F for CPT-LHR in a few weeks, but no e-mail. Seating is all wrong. Would someone be so kind as to PM me the e-mail address, please? Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 1:56 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by BA1A
I was under the impression the "You First" service is a trial and was targeted at selected customers
Well it is a trial, but it may be that the selection process was more accidental than deliberate by BA. In any case, they were very happy to help me although they had not emailed me.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 2:03 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by BA1A
I was under the impression the "You First" service is a trial and was targeted at selected customers, which may explain why some people have the contact details and some don't and therefore maybe the number should not be shared as it could ruin it for everyone?

Before anyone picks me up on this, I see it as different to me posting the telephone number for Quintessentially in the T5 CCR for booking Cabanas, as that is a service that is clearly advertised as being available to all pax holding a F ticket.
I actually agree with you on this BA1A
It is a trial and as was mentioned in my call with them today, it was specifically targeted to a range of BA F passengers.
Old Jul 30, 2008, 5:12 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Virgin Silver, Delta, Continental, Marriott, Starwood
Question you first

Could someone please give me the you first details. I want to get my wife and I sitting together in F. It might help to speak to someone. We travel to Sydney in 10 days.

Please e-mail.

Many thanks,

Mick Barwood
Old Jul 31, 2008, 2:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
In First anyone can assign seats as soon as they book, regardless of status - check in MMB. You don't need to get You First to do this for you. If there are no seats together left, then they won't be able to get you together without unilaterally moving someone else which is something I rather hope is not within their normal remit. I think you'll have to be asking on board if people would mind swapping.
Old Jul 31, 2008, 2:28 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by G-BOAC
In First anyone can assign seats as soon as they book, regardless of status - check in MMB. You don't need to get You First to do this for you. If there are no seats together left, then they won't be able to get you together without unilaterally moving someone else which is something I rather hope is not within their normal remit. I think you'll have to be asking on board if people would mind swapping.
Maybe mickbarwood is referring to the "can I have 1A/1K issue again?"

As per my post #70, I am still not comfortable with this number/email being shared with everyone if it was a targeted audience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.