Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You First - New Service when flying in F

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2008, 3:09 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by virtualtroy
Thankfully high street banks in the UK long ago admitted that customer service is dead and have left their customers under no illusions to the contrary since.
They just skipped the silver / gold nonsense and went straight to black.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: BA
Guys - for those who are traveling F and haven't yet received the email, this could be the reason. It was stated in the terms and conditions at the bottom of my email:

This email was sent to *****@mac.com. You have received this email because you have opted to receive Executive Club marketing emails from the British Airways Group. If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, please click here and ensure you submit *****@mac.com, the email address you signed up with. Please allow 10 days for all requests to be actioned.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 3:35 pm
bel

Programs: BA Blue, HH Gold
I received the e-mail a few days ago, but I'm not sure I'll have any reason to use the service. This will be my first First flight! The e-mail did make me feel warm and fuzzy, though.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Thankfully high street banks in the UK long ago admitted that customer service is dead and have left their customers under no illusions to the contrary since.
That may be more of an issue for BA Premier

I am very happy with HSBC Premier a real person I can call and email whenever I need them plus a "high priority" call centre.

I know for a fact that certain other "niche" banks have many phone numbers supposedly prioritising their best customers yet they all feed into the same queueing prioritisation system meaning that Bill Potless is likely to reach an agent before Rich Moneybags.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:16 pm

I think you're being a bit unfair there.

I would say it's a big step in the right direction,something which was lacking for someone without status and travelling in F.
Here here!

Last edited by superflyguy; Jul 27, 2008 at 4:41 pm
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by Schultzois
Any indication if this service applies for redemption First as well as purchased First?

My next First is actually on the day this service starts (29th) and is followed by a return in First 4 weeks later... but they're both redemption bookings. Would be handy to have the number in case anything goes wrong - if it's something I'll be entitled to use.
I recieved mine on Friday & I'm booked on a redemption next month so it could be that you just haven't ticked the box as stated.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by FSHHUNT
Guys - for those who are traveling F and haven't yet received the email, this could be the reason. It was stated in the terms and conditions at the bottom of my email:

This email was sent to *****@mac.com. You have received this email because you have opted to receive Executive Club marketing emails from the British Airways Group. If you no longer wish to receive marketing emails, please click here and ensure you submit *****@mac.com, the email address you signed up with. Please allow 10 days for all requests to be actioned.
I think you may be onto something... I checked my BAEC account details and sure enough the marketing box is un-ticked. I've ticked it now in order to see what I get in the future.

In the meantime, is there anyone who wouldn't mind PMing me the contact details, in the event something comes up that I would need to contact them either about my Tuesday-Wednesday flight, or about the one coming up in a month's time?

Thanks.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:25 am

Er, has anyone tried to phone the numbers on the email? I just tried the 0800 and 0161 numbers and neither work!

Cheers
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Kezza25
I just tried the 0800 and 0161 numbers and neither work!
Perhaps they will tomorrow...when it opens...
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:47 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by BA1A
Yes other forums do have a wider range of emoticons/Smilies than FT with one particular one sticking out a tongue which could be used in this instance.

Maybe we should start a petition for greater availability of emoticons
Hmmmm you could try

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=574914
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=784926
Old Jul 28, 2008, 7:55 am

I always find myself being a numpty with this type of stuff.

Taxi!!!!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Thanks Jenbel - you are so knowledgable on stuff
Old Jul 28, 2008, 8:30 am

Originally Posted by Kezza25
Er, has anyone tried to phone the numbers on the email? I just tried the 0800 and 0161 numbers and neither work!

Cheers
The You First help desk opens on 29 July 2008 ie tomorrow. Numbers are not active until tomorrow morning.
Old Jul 28, 2008, 9:17 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Schultzois
There really ought to be a "tongue-in-cheek" emoticon... I was about to make a remark in another thread, but didn't as I wanted to show it was tongue in cheek without having to announce it as such!
Originally Posted by BA1A
Yes other forums do have a wider range of emoticons/Smilies than FT with one particular one sticking out a tongue which could be used in this instance.

Maybe we should start a petition for greater availability of emoticons
Tongue in cheek - found it DOH!
Old Jul 28, 2008, 11:01 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Call me a cynic, but yet another nail in the coffin for anything you'd call akin to customer service in any other class. Customer service isn't a luxury commodity, though BA and Ryanair appear to be doing their best to position it as such.

Only a matter of time before there are silver and gold checkout queues in Tesco and the Post Office. Thankfully high street banks in the UK long ago admitted that customer service is dead and have left their customers under no illusions to the contrary since.
Er - I've probably turned over two pages and missed something. Clearly the bulk of people who post here fly First Class from what I have read. If this is a service which needs to be offered to them so be it. I will agree that the numbers here who seem to fly little else is totally unrepresentational of the bulk of the travelling public - that seems to be the way of it.

If you are saying - well I never fly First Class so I don't get to use it - well that's a shame but clearly loads will.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.