Community
Wiki Posts
Search

You First - New Service when flying in F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2009, 5:39 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Dear all

I am pleased to confirm that You First has been launched officially.

As most of you are aware, You First is a helpdesk service with a dedicated phone number for First customers.

Details of the benefits of You First can be found on a dedicated page we have created especially on ba.com.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel...=searchResults

If you have any questions or queries please let me know and I will do my best to come back to you as soon as possible.

Best regards

Nicci

Received this email last night, presumably referring to a F segment I have at the beginning of May... I think it's the first time it's been emailed out as a continuing service?? I may be wrong but couldn't find it anywhere else in the thread..

Dear Mr TT1F,

I'm delighted to tell you about You First, an exclusive helpdesk for our First customers that we've introduced in response to your feedback.

A dedicated team of highly trained travel experts are on hand to help make your journey as smooth as possible - from the moment you book to the minute you return home. So whether you're booking T5 Concorde lounge facilities, finding out about the Quintessentially Concierge Service or enquiring about your travel plans, our team will be available to answer your questions. And in the unlikely event things don't go to plan, you'll receive priority assistance for mishandled baggage and customer relations queries.

You can contact the team by phone or email*, 7 days a week from 7.30am to 8pm GMT. You'll find the number and email in the box to the right.

We hope this new service makes travelling First even more enjoyable.

Warm regards,

James Hillier
Executive Club Manager
Old Mar 21, 2009, 2:07 am

Programs: BAEC Blue
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Received this email last night, presumably referring to a F segment I have at the beginning of May... I think it's the first time it's been emailed out as a continuing service?? I may be wrong but couldn't find it anywhere else in the thread..

Dear Mr TT1F,

I'm delighted to tell you about You First, an exclusive helpdesk for our First customers that we've introduced in response to your feedback.

A dedicated team of highly trained travel experts are on hand to help make your journey as smooth as possible - from the moment you book to the minute you return home. So whether you're booking T5 Concorde lounge facilities, finding out about the Quintessentially Concierge Service or enquiring about your travel plans, our team will be available to answer your questions. And in the unlikely event things don't go to plan, you'll receive priority assistance for mishandled baggage and customer relations queries.

You can contact the team by phone or email*, 7 days a week from 7.30am to 8pm GMT. You'll find the number and email in the box to the right.

We hope this new service makes travelling First even more enjoyable.

Warm regards,

James Hillier
Executive Club Manager

I also received an email 2 days ago for an F sector I'm flying in August. I've already telephoned and booked a cabana! ^
Old Mar 21, 2009, 2:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
I received my You First email 5 mins after ringing up to book my cabana. Just as well before the rush starts.

I must say the service and response speed is excellent compared to what I am used from from BA. And a very helpful person on the line with useful suggestions to help as well. This is so un-BA that I almost think it might be someone from the great BA lurker team that help out on here. SS trained for sure.

I asked for a cabana at 3:30 pm for a 6:10 pm flight. They could not get hold of the You First booking people and said they would phone me back the following day. When I said, I would be in the air, they said they would email me using my BAEC email. I actually got my email within an hour confirming the cabana had been booked for 3:30pm to 6pm.

Fab service and the kind that does make you want to fly BA. Now if only the airport experience could be enhanced in a similar manner, BA will be truely polishing gold.
Old May 22, 2009, 12:40 pm

Not sure if this has already been posted somewhere else (I did some searching and didn't find), but it appears there is now a separate You First email/phone number/team for North America. A few days after booking an ex-Europe itinerary with an MFU from CW to F to SEA/SFO, I received by email "Important information regarding your First booking." Inside was an email address and North American toll-free telephone number to reach the You First team directly.

I had some experience with the excellent UK-based You First team almost a year ago, just after they had launched, and everything I've read since then (up until now) made me think it was a UK-specific element of the product. ^ to seeing this rolled out more broadly to F customers in other markets!
Old May 29, 2009, 7:24 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Does anyone have the number and hours of the U.S. You First team?
Old May 29, 2009, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Exp. Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum.
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Does anyone have the number and hours of the U.S. You First team?
You can contact You First seven days a week from 7:30am to 8:00pm EST. Tel: 800 331 1332 or from overseas, 904 527 5051

Don't expect the best and brightest. I called to book a T5 CCR Cabana and the response I got was "What's that?"

After saying they were in Heathrow T5 the agent said "let me get you to the right people" and transfered me to the Quintessentially desk in T5. This was the second time I called because the first time they could do nothing since the desk at Heathrow was closed.
Old May 30, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by MorganB
You can contact You First seven days a week from 7:30am to 8:00pm EST. Tel: 800 331 1332 or from overseas, 904 527 5051

Don't expect the best and brightest. I called to book a T5 CCR Cabana and the response I got was "What's that?"

After saying they were in Heathrow T5 the agent said "let me get you to the right people" and transfered me to the Quintessentially desk in T5. This was the second time I called because the first time they could do nothing since the desk at Heathrow was closed.
I am very surprised to hear that. I rang twice to book cabanas. With the first call, the booking was made immediately. The second call, there was no one at the Quintessentially desk. The agent offered to call me back the following day to confirm but I said I was travelling so I gave my email instead. Got an email confirmation within an hour of the call as opposed to the following call. Both times I found the agents to be efficient and helpful. I did use the UK line both times.
Old May 30, 2009, 5:15 am

Programs: BAEC Silver; Muccis du Monde des Peluches
The service standard has definitely slipped a lot. The first couple of times I used them, the phone was answered instantly, which is how it should be. When I called a couple of times this week, there was a 4-minute wait.

Still, they were more helpful than normal Customer Services. They're much better, for example, at sorting out fare differences without sending the request into the black hole of the "Fares Department" with the vague promise of a call back a week later which that entails.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.