Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Baggage Delay: What Is BA Policy On Reimbursement?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baggage Delay: What Is BA Policy On Reimbursement?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2019, 6:50 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
1. BA will likely reimburse all reasonable and properly receipted items. To make this easier, I would prepare an inventory of what you purchased and describe each item with its cost. Attach the receipts in order. To the extent that prices seem high, you might start the inventory with a 1-2 short sentence note to the effect that you were at a given location and that these were the prevailing prices, seemingly expensive by London standards. Do not go into all of the above detail as it is irrelevant.

2-3. Forget it. Simply gums up your claim and BA is almost certainly well aware of it and has no motivation to reprogram.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 2:44 pm

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Quick question and apologies if it has been answered already.
My bag went missing and unfortunately I am at a destination where they do not deliver missing bags. Would BA compensate cab to and from airport to collect my bag once it (hopefully) has been found?
Also, what is the consensus - shall I seek compensation from BA or use my credit card policy? BA site (not surprisingly) recommends claiming through the insurance policy.
Old Sep 3, 2019, 3:35 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by luitje
Quick question and apologies if it has been answered already.
My bag went missing and unfortunately I am at a destination where they do not deliver missing bags. Would BA compensate cab to and from airport to collect my bag once it (hopefully) has been found?
Also, what is the consensus - shall I seek compensation from BA or use my credit card policy? BA site (not surprisingly) recommends claiming through the insurance policy.
If it were me I would seek reimbursement for reasonable costs from BA directly. If they cannot deliver the bag to you then it's reasonable to include the costs of recovering it from the airport.
luitje likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by Often1
1. BA will likely reimburse all reasonable and properly receipted items. To make this easier, I would prepare an inventory of what you purchased and describe each item with its cost. Attach the receipts in order. To the extent that prices seem high, you might start the inventory with a 1-2 short sentence note to the effect that you were at a given location and that these were the prevailing prices, seemingly expensive by London standards. Do not go into all of the above detail as it is irrelevant.

2-3. Forget it. Simply gums up your claim and BA is almost certainly well aware of it and has no motivation to reprogram.
thanks Often1!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.