Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Availability

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA lowly blue, BA Amex & Amex Plat
Seat Availability

I was given the address for this site from a friend who has found the info to be invaluable in the past so thought I would sign up.

I was after some info if anyone can help.

I am planning to book a flight from LHR to ORD on 29 November (BA0295) returning on 8 Dec (BA0298)

Is there anyone who can check the availabilty in First for me, I am assuming that there should not be any problems this far in advance. There will just be myself travelling.

Also I have not flown First before so can anyone advise me on whether it's that much better than CW or should I just save my miles. I don't fly very often but work as a chauffeur so my miles are piling up nicely thanks to the cost of fuel!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:20 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

You can easily check this yourself. Just log onto your BA Executive Club account, and choose 'Book with Miles'.

It will tell you immediately if seats are available for your dates. If seats are not available, it will show dates around your chosen ones that are available.

Taxes will be £350+

Cheers,
Rick
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Welcome to FT.

Are you looking for Redemption seats? In which case the usual tool that most people use on here - Expert Flyer - doesn't show up availability of redemption fares on BA.

The best thing to do is just to log into your BA account and try some dummy bookings using miles to test the availability.

Look for one way fares that will show you much better what's around - rather than returns which will only show up if there is definitely a return pair of seats available. If you check the one ways you can test availability in each premium cabin - then decide whether to go one way in F and one way in J.

As far as whether to go F or J is concerned - if you have never travelled in F it is worth it for the experience (hopefully you will get a good crew) - whilst a little tired - the seats are big and comfy and you should get personal attentive service.

There have been lots of threads on the benefits of F versus J - in fact there have been so many that searching for a decent one can be tricky.

My view would be if you haven't tried F - try it. Then you will have a better idea of whether to spend your miles on the difference again in the future.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:26 am

Programs: BA Bronze
And welcome to FT JamieTaylor.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi Jamie Talyor,

Welcome to flyertalk and the BA forum!

Both your flights are available on your dates to use miles for First class ( 150,000 miles plus £311 in taxes)

Outbound to ORD is a 747-400 but your BA 298 back is a 777.

There is availability in F on the earlier BA 294 ORD-LHR which would be a 747-400.

There is a lot of debate on whether the 747-400 is better than the 777 in F ( in the 747 you are in the nose with no galley noise in front of you compared to F in the 777) but I think most people would go for F in the 747.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 24, 2008, 12:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA lowly blue, BA Amex & Amex Plat
Thanks for the advice it's much appreciated.

I have booked my flight and have decided to go F after all. I know there is much debate as to which seats are the best, which is down to personal preference at the end of the day, but I have booked 2K for both flights. Would anyone recommend I change or am I okay where I am?

Not really important, just looking forward to the trip now. Can't wait to get to Wisconsin and see my Godchildren.
Old Jun 24, 2008, 1:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

2K is a very good seat (one of the best first class seats in my opinion).

Enjoy F!

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 24, 2008, 2:40 pm

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your trip

Post a trip report when you get back

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.