Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Wet feet and the lovely 767s - how much water on the cabin floor is safe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wet feet and the lovely 767s - how much water on the cabin floor is safe?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 2:52 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
To be fair to Phil the Flyer, the hotel foot bath did sprinkle rose petals on our feet, then a salt rub, followed by jasmine oil. Which of course was followed by a 180 minute rub down with Tibetan hot stones in my case.
Why? He expects me to kiss his feet (I suppose it could be worse. Just)
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
Airbus Water Features.

Now... This is one that mere passengers will never get to see... And... It is special... it is oh so special...

Let me set the scene...

Crew member No.5, doing the delightful, and much sort after in a certain crew community, "Night Moscow"... Oooohhh... I hear you all gasp! And I hear you saying under your breath.. "I see why BingBongBoy joined BA... for the glamor of the Night Moscow..."
Darling crew member No.5 sits on a double jump seat at Door 2 Right. When sat in the jump seat, looking directly ahead, you are faced with 3 hot beverage makers. Now...
After 11 hours hard work, serving the finest of fine Economy cuisine in the glamor cabin that is Euro Traveller, settling in for landing on my double luxury sofa of a jump seat, thinking... "Oh fab... I will be home in my luxury Zone 1 residence soon after... Getting in my Goose Down laden bed..."

I see the heady lights of Heathrow whizzing by as the wheels near the ground... and then...

As that Auto Braking kicks in... Almost in slow motion, as if I have been caught in the latest scene of a Hollywood block buster... A wall of brown colored murky water is flying towards me... and when I say a wall... I am not talking about a low 3 brick stack retaining flower bed wall... I am talking about a Tower of London size wall... And its flying at me fast... Just enough time to raise my hands in-front of my face... and it hits... I am soaked... and I mean soaked... My Julian MacDonald ensemble is ruined... Ruined beyond belief...

And it runs out, from a chat with a friendly engineer who was after a brew... That due to the slightly nose up flying angle, all the waste and excess water builds up during the flight, so by the time you land back into LHR, there is a good few gallons of water hiding behind the beverage makers... And if no one tells poor No.5... They get a rather wet wake up call at about 07:00...

Now... How does that compare to your refreshing Wake Up Shower in the Arrivals lounge????
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Superb, BBB ^
Old Jan 28, 2009, 2:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by BingBongBoy
Crew member No.5, doing the delightful, and much sort after in a certain crew community, "Night Moscow"... Oooohhh... I hear you all gasp!
Aha, I think I now know why my friend loves to bid for that route!! But if you fancy telling me exactly what goes on to make it so sought after ..........

Great tale BBB - and I can believe the mess those brown murky waters can make of our fab designer uniform!!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
But if you fancy telling me exactly what goes on to make it so sought after ..........
Oh, darling... I could not possibly divulge on the open thread about what one gets up to on the Mini Glamor Jets to DME during the night... Maybe in a PM later... ^
Old Jan 28, 2009, 3:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Oh, darling... I could not possibly divulge on the open thread about what one gets up to on the Mini Glamor Jets to DME during the night... Maybe in a PM later... ^
I'll be waiting
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:16 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA-GGL, LH-Sen
Love it ^^^ Writing up to TFTG standards
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Cyba
Love it ^^^ Writing up to TFTG standards
TFTG??? Should I not be posting this here...? Don't want to get kicked off here when I am just settling in!
Old Jan 28, 2009, 4:58 pm
Suspended

TFTG??? Should I not be posting this here...? Don't want to get kicked off here when I am just settling in!
TFTG = Tales from the Galley. Fabulous reports of all kinds of events that our beloved Pucci has witnessed on board. Everyone on here waits for a TFTG like a child waits for Christmas

You won't get kicked off, though you may find Pucci wants you to do her typing for her
Old Jan 28, 2009, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
TFTG = Tales from the Galley. Fabulous reports of all kinds of events that our beloved Pucci has witnessed on board. Everyone on here waits for a TFTG like a child waits for Christmas

You won't get kicked off, though you may find Pucci wants you to do her typing for her
I see... I see... I see... I will remember that... And advise Pucci that I charge for Typing Services... I am new contract after all!!!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 2:22 am

I see... I see... I see... I will remember that... And advise Pucci that I charge for Typing Services... I am new contract after all!!!
Darling - that was priceless. I have never had the beverage brewers vomit at me yet. I have had passengers vomit and indeed one threw a cup of tea at me once. I never knew why and yet I dealt with it like any Shy Goddess would. It was a beautiful funeral..

I did once have a flight out of Kano years ago on my second favourite route in the BCAL system - after Lagos where someone boarded and put something wrapped up in newspaper in the overhead locker. As we were busy trying to stop items weighing more than a small refrigerator in the lockers (DC10) - we did not notice. Someone actually brought a safe aboard once - albeit a small one. He did not trust anyone with his money and valuable - and had read that these should not go in the hold. We saw four people stagger up the stirs with it and you can imagine the rest when they were told that not only was this not going on the aircraft but would be charged for to go in the hold (I think that the excess charge ran to well over £500 and this was years ago).

Anyhow it transpired that what was wrapped in paper was a fish. Considered a delicacy it had been freshly caught some days ago and like company the fish had gone off. It also had water or something unspeakable in the stomach. On take off it poured wated out of the locker. Everywhere. All hell was let loose in the cabin. Yours Truly had to get the thing out, get everyone back in their seats and dispose of the truly disgusting whatever it was in the gash. The galley stank. Fortunately the smoking ban did not exist so I encouraged people to light matches to try and dispel the stench. It was the longest flight to LGW that I have ever known.

Bing-Bong - you have been misinformed. I have a typist already. He lives in Argentina. He does very little and is quite slow when he does - so the vacancy is filled. Anyway I do not want my business gossiped all over Short Haul! I do have some pride in spite of my poor choice of domestic help.
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
Bing-Bong - you have been misinformed. I have a typist already. He lives in Argentina. He does very little and is quite slow when he does - so the vacancy is filled. Anyway I do not want my business gossiped all over Short Haul! I do have some pride in spite of my poor choice of domestic help.
You do not need me to tell Short Haul all about yourself... You are quite famous there already!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:09 am

You do not need me to tell Short Haul all about yourself... You are quite famous there already!
Oh God! Was it that CDG-LHR when Johnny Hallyday asked me to marry him and I dumped him as I said that he was far far too old for me?
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:23 am

Programs: DL-UA
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
It was enough to soak my shoes as well as my feet, and 3 layers of newspapers. That's 3 newspapers - the Mail, Guardian and Telegraph - not 3 sheets) - which were soaked through in minutes of putting them down. The lady's bags behind me got the wet 767 treatment too, so it was flowing back down the cabin.
In my innocence, I was flying to Israel (El Al) with a new laptop. Had just purchased the wireless card for it in the airport and was excited to be able to use it during a stopover in Toronto. I was stupid enough to put my laptop under the seat in front of me, and when I got to Toronto, the whole screen was filled with water. I was so baffled. Had I spilled something? What went wrong? I would have never thought about galley leaks!

Now that I see this is a problem happening on occasion, I am reminded that we need to be wary what we put down on the plane floor. Do waterproof socks exist??

By the way this is my first post ever. Exciting to be able to contribute, even though I see the thread has progressed in a very different direction by the time I'm getting to this story!
Old Jan 29, 2009, 6:26 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(
Originally Posted by PerchTwirl
By the way this is my first post ever.
Welcome to FT!

Was the laptop a write-off?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.