"highly likely" fleet plans

Old Jun 20, 08, 12:27 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by BA1A View Post
I only looked at the cabin view link you posted but I will check out QF.com.
Will welcome your opinion.

Personally, I would much rather have it OTT - the more luxurious the better
As a QF shareholder, I would prefer them to have a product which is consistent and realistic, and which can achieve profitability as well as engender customer satisfaction.

If we want luxury, we could instal individual spa baths for each F passenger, but that is not realistic.

I think the SQ suites are somewhat unrealistic of what modern passengers expect, even in F.

Dave
Old Jun 20, 08, 12:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by thadocta View Post
Will welcome your opinion.

As a QF shareholder, I would prefer them to have a product which is consistent and realistic, and which can achieve profitability as well as engender customer satisfaction.

If we want luxury, we could instal individual spa baths for each F passenger, but that is not realistic.

I think the SQ suites are somewhat unrealistic of what modern passengers expect, even in F.
Dave
My opinion is that it looks a lot better when you see it on the demo on quantas.com. I particularly like the look of the touch-screen Suite controller the 17 inch wide screen monitor, and the USB and internet ports, but then I am a gadget fan

I always travel in F so I do have high expectations of the whole product (and service) which is why I thought the SQ offering was amazing. I would pay extra for a spa bath on board

From a shareholder point of view, I can see where you are coming from though.
Old Jun 20, 08, 2:20 pm

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
I'm really, really excited to see what Emirates will offer-I will be highly dissapointed if they don't exceed my expectations! It's a make or break for them, and as I'm fond of saying, Emirates will define the A380 (and vice-versa) the way the Boeing 747 defined Pan Am and the way British Airways defined Concorde.
Later on, I'm interested in seeing what Virgin Atlantic will offer on their A380s
Old Jun 20, 08, 3:41 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by Lovecraft View Post
But does this means QF will be dropping their LHR flights as well? If not, I think it will be unbalanced, with QF going all the way to LHR, and BA not.
On the other hand, QF just announced start of sale for their A380 LHR-SIN-SYD route, for Jan 2009.
Whatever happens with BA and SYD, I really doubt QF would pull out of LHR. They have paid considerable sums for slots in the past and I would think for them serving LHR is much more important than SYD is to BA.
Old Jun 20, 08, 6:14 pm

Ahhh - the joys of posting after a grand night out in Smithfield Market whilst listening to Scritti Politti!! I should really get some sleep.

The QF A380 interior has been absolutely slated by the frequent flyers and the travel media...

http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...n/3978699/1/#1

http://www.news.com.au/travel/story/...014090,00.html

I must admit, if I was venturing out east in the near future with the choice of the A380 QF vs SQ offering....the BD Silver card would get a bashing.
Old Jun 20, 08, 11:36 pm

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by JPS76 View Post
Ahhh - the joys of posting after a grand night out in Smithfield Market whilst listening to Scritti Politti!! I should really get some sleep.
Scritti Politti - great taste
Old Jun 21, 08, 1:33 am

Programs: Emirates Skywards Silver, Egyptair Plus Gold/*A Gold
Originally Posted by ian001 View Post
Whatever happens with BA and SYD, I really doubt QF would pull out of LHR. They have paid considerable sums for slots in the past and I would think for them serving LHR is much more important than SYD is to BA.
If QF EVER decides to pull out of LHR (and that's basically their most important and prestigious destination) then they shouldn't complain when EK & Co take up a larger part of the market share, because it's that attitude (from QF) that led to ME carriers accessing pax on the kangaroo route.
Old Jun 21, 08, 9:47 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Originally Posted by bernardd View Post
Doesn't this still mean a reduction in J seats? I thought the 3-class 777's had barely 80 WT+ & CW seats, but a lot more in the back of the bus? Also, aren't some / all of them at LGW?
The 4 new B777-200ERs are due to come in a 3 class config but are rumoured to feature are much larger J cabin. No more specific details.

Originally Posted by uk1 View Post
I've assumed that QF will be the same F A380 layout as Singapore Airlines.
It's more of a distant cousin to the new Cathay First. Essentially, it goes over a very wide area on the main deck (1x1x1 vs. SQ Suites 1x2x1) & the entire bed is at an angle. I beleive there's several seatmaps posted on here already, but can't find anything on Google atm.
Old Jun 22, 08, 12:13 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Mucci
Originally Posted by flyboy777 View Post
It's more of a distant cousin to the new Cathay First. Essentially, it goes over a very wide area on the main deck (1x1x1 vs. SQ Suites 1x2x1) & the entire bed is at an angle. I beleive there's several seatmaps posted on here already, but can't find anything on Google atm.
The seat map for the QF A380 (code sharing with BA and AA) can be accessed at this link.

Dave

Search this Thread
Search Engine: