Multi-City/Open-Jaw MFU

Old Jun 14, 08, 12:38 pm
chj
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, CO Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Gold
Multi-City/Open-Jaw MFU

I am currently planning to return home to the US for the July 4 weekend. My itinerary is going to be LHR-BOS-xBHB-BOS-xNYC-LHR. BHB, for those of you who may not recognise the code, is Bar Harbor Airport, a tiny EAS station served only with turboprops, only from Boston, and only by US Air. It also happens to be the only airport within 50 miles of my parents' summer cottage.

I have to put in semi-full days at the office on Canary Wharf on the 2nd and on the 7th so my current plan is to take BA239, the 7:35PM departure to Boston, sleep over at the Hilton at Logan, and then take the 8:30AM puddlejumper to BHB. After a couple of nights with the family, I will run down to New York on the puddlejumper connecting to the Shuttle, and then Sunday evening I will take either the 7:00PM or the 7:30PM back to London.

This is a personal trip and my budget only stretches to WT+. The itinerary above priced at GBP 1,300 for the TATL segments and a further GBP 300 for the domestic ones. By way of comparison, Club was GBP 3,500. I do have plenty of miles and it would be very nice to have a flat bed and access to Arrivals. Usually, finding MFU availability on JFK-LHR is not difficult, but I am not sure how to MFU a multi-city/open-jaw itinerary.

Anyone have an idea? Many thanks.
Old Jun 14, 08, 12:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

On BA.com once you log in I would check LHR-BOS for MFU availability ( select wt+ then upgrade outbound) then select LHR-NYC for MFU availability ( select wt+ then upgrade inbound). This will give you an estimated price

To book the MFU I think you will have to call BAEC as I do not think you can book an open jaw MFU online.

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 14, 08, 3:17 pm
chj
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, CO Silver, Starwood Preferred Guest Gold
Many thanks. Will do as you suggest.
Old Jun 16, 08, 2:32 pm

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
can you do an open jaw redemption online - can do it as two separate bookings but I presume that would be slightly dearer??

Search this Thread
Search Engine: