Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T5 Short Stay - Still 6 Hours Free?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:04 am
Original Poster

T5 Short Stay - Still 6 Hours Free?

Is the Short Stay at T5 still free for 6 hours?

It was a few weeks ago but I am wondering if the operator has sorted itself out yet?
Old Apr 30, 2008, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QR Silver
It was down to two hours when I arrived at T5 on 18th. Staff in South Terraces right now say as far as they know, it still is.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Yeah, two hours still as far as I know.

The Business Parking is very close to T5 and has a free shuttle bus every 5 minutes or so which takes about 3 to get to the departure level. £21.50 per day or part thereof.
Old Apr 30, 2008, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Thank you, 2 hours will be more than ample!
Old May 12, 2008, 7:03 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Any change to this, as far as anyone is aware?
Old May 12, 2008, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Read something on the BA staff forum that said there was no longer any free time.
CIHY
Old May 12, 2008, 7:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Teece
Any change to this, as far as anyone is aware?
The two hours free was there as promised when I went through last week, hopefully it is still so?

The tarrif signs looked a lot more permenant thats for sure...
Old May 12, 2008, 7:21 am

Programs: LH *G (SEN), VS Silver, BA Silver, Goldpointplus Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor silver, *ACP
You have to pay now.

They had people on the entry car park barrier on Friday 9th "helping". The guy told my wife that you have to pay now.

It didn't seem like a fob off, since they gave her a quick exit ticket so she could do a drive-through with immediate exit without being charged.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 7:00 am
JSC

Now you have to pay for short term parking, whats the most cost effective way to pick up arriving passengers from T5? I guess I could just go to the departures drop off point but as its my in laws arriving I guess they will expect some help with luggage (and not from their pregnant daughter!). So I'll need to park somewhere for 30 mins and then walk back over with them. If paying is the only option, how much is it for 30 mins?

Thanks
Old Jul 21, 2008, 7:10 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Originally Posted by JSC
Now you have to pay for short term parking, whats the most cost effective way to pick up arriving passengers from T5? I guess I could just go to the departures drop off point but as its my in laws arriving I guess they will expect some help with luggage (and not from their pregnant daughter!). So I'll need to park somewhere for 30 mins and then walk back over with them. If paying is the only option, how much is it for 30 mins?

Thanks
£2.30 but see http://www.heathrowairport.com/porta...0357e120a____/
Old Jul 21, 2008, 7:47 am

Programs: BA lowly blue, BA Amex & Amex Plat
I work as a chauffeur so am at T5 practically everyday. Short term car park has been charging full rates for quite some time now At least it's much cheaper than Luton £3 for 15 mins £4.50 for 30 Mins and a whopping £6 for 45mins and you have to walk for miles that's if you actually manage to find a space

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.