Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

British Airways to raise fuel surcharge from May 2nd

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

British Airways to raise fuel surcharge from May 2nd

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
Angry British Airways to raise fuel surcharge from May 2nd

In light of recent fuel prices, BA are to increase their fuel surcharge. See bbc.co.uk

British Airways says it is increasing fuel surcharges on long and short-haul flights from 2 May.

The airline said the charges reflected high oil prices, which hit a record on Monday just below $120 a barrel.

The surcharge for short-haul flights will increase to £13 per flight from £10, or to £26 for a return flight.

For one-way flights of less than nine hours the charge will increase by £10 to £63, and by £15 to £79 for flights of more than nine hours.

Lucky I've already booked for most of my summer travels!
Old Apr 29, 2008, 11:20 am

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=818378
Old Apr 29, 2008, 12:16 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Well spotted Kibison. Please continue discussion on the original thread - link kindly provided above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.