Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free-ish Marriott Gold Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:17 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by jonnye
Why after the BA Promo runs out. Why can't i just do it now?
Because then they will fold your new Gold Marriott card into your old one, and NOT upgrade the old one to Gold.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 3:51 am

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
So the 1st of July is the date i should try and get my new account merged with the old account?

Chris
Old Apr 11, 2008, 6:49 am

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
Because then they will fold your new Gold Marriott card into your old one, and NOT upgrade the old one to Gold.
That's not what they did for me. Emailed support because I couldn't setup online access to my new account, and - without me having to ask - they merged the accounts under the old number and gave that Gold status.
Old Apr 11, 2008, 8:58 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Originally Posted by Morland
That's not what they did for me. Emailed support because I couldn't setup online access to my new account, and - without me having to ask - they merged the accounts under the old number and gave that Gold status.
Snap....
Old Apr 11, 2008, 9:48 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Originally Posted by Morland
Lucky you!. I guess YMMV!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
BA Executive Promotion ends 30 June 2008. SO use the new Marriott Gold card until then, then merge the old one into the new Gold card after that date
Thanks!
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:56 pm

Got my account moved from Silver to Gold by applying for a new Gold account too. Seems like they're not being too stupid and ignoring exisiting customers. Good stuff.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold. Mucci Diamond Hairbursh & Mucci des Sacs Exotiques
Originally Posted by phlyer
Got my account moved from Silver to Gold by applying for a new Gold account too. Seems like they're not being too stupid and ignoring exisiting customers. Good stuff.
My Marriott account went from plain old pleb status to Gold within a few days of applying for this promotion. Thanks for the heads-up BalkanBound. ^
Is there any requirement to actually stay in a Marriott before June to retain the Gold status? My next booking is in July and I wanted Gold for the membership benefits rather than the bonus miles.

Forgot to add a big thanks to astralclouds for the working link. Cheers ^

Last edited by BAg Lady; Apr 13, 2008 at 1:35 pm Reason: more thanks
Old Apr 13, 2008, 1:43 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I had my first stay at a Marriott in a couple years last week. I do prefer the alternative hotel on offer at my usual destination, but the triple miles promotion until the end of June is very tempting.

Just to report back on the triple miles - they correctly tracked in Marriott Rewards, which is good I've just had only 1/3rd of them go through to BAEC though (arrived today), but I'll wait a couple days to see if the bonus comes through. Will let you know all know if it needs some chasing.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 7:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, QR Silver
Same here.... 1/3 of the miles seem to have posted to BA despite showing correctly in the Marriott account - there's another entry showing "zero" so I'm guessing this will need chasing like getting MFU miles and points to post
Old Apr 13, 2008, 8:34 pm

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Just to report back on the triple miles - they correctly tracked in Marriott Rewards, which is good I've just had only 1/3rd of them go through to BAEC though (arrived today), but I'll wait a couple days to see if the bonus comes through. Will let you know all know if it needs some chasing.
My bonus miles from a similar SQ/Marriott Silver promotion a few months back never posted to my KrisFlyer account despite showing correctly in the Marriott account. I think you'll need to chase them up.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:41 pm

I signed up for the "instant gold" deal last night, but I still can't login to create an account and my rewards number doesn't show up in Marriott's system yet. So I guess I will have to wait a few days. What is the quickest it has shown up in Marriott's system for one of you?
Old Apr 15, 2008, 12:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

7 days, at least for me.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 1:07 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by jonmck
I signed up for the "instant gold" deal last night, but I still can't login to create an account and my rewards number doesn't show up in Marriott's system yet. So I guess I will have to wait a few days. What is the quickest it has shown up in Marriott's system for one of you?
Mine took three days. I did it recently so they had probably already dealt with the vast majority of people who intend to sign up.
Old Apr 15, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Did anyone receive their new shiny card yet as a result of signing up for this promotion?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.