Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free-ish Marriott Gold Card

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2008, 6:58 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hertz Five Star, Southwest A-List Preferred, Marriot Gold
Nope!

^Correct. Better still, it doesn't look like you need silver status either.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 8:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Mine worked ^

Even though my Marriott address is US (I keep my BAEC account in the UK) when I log in to the Marriott website it says 'UK & Ireland' in the top left corner.

I might toss 'em a few LHR stays.
Old Apr 4, 2008, 4:42 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Originally Posted by HIDDY
No EuropeanPete.

My wife and I both got silver invites but filled in the Gold application instead - we both now have Gold as from today.
That's as I noted - silver to gold seemed ok, but from no email to Gold didn't seem to work.

Having said that, I was wrong..

I thought I'd try registering over a week ago despite not having received an email and nothing happened. I asked the helpdesk who told me I wouldn't be able to join, so far enough.

Today though I got a joining email and in my account I'm instantly Gold status. Now, I need to check next week's Marriott costs to see whether I'll give the triple points thing a try.
Old Apr 6, 2008, 5:05 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
thanks OP for the heads up and link ^

being a bit of a points tart i thought i would sign up and give it a whirl. joined on March 26, but like many others could not get internet sign up until i received an email welcoming me on April 4. now all works.

shame it took so long as i had 5 hotel nights last week (3 at lhr) and i would have given it a shot. so their advertising/deal/offer etc has worked!!

maybe next time.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:20 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
How to merge new Gold account with old lower tier account

If you already have an existing Marriott Silver or lower Membership with points in that account, you can open a new gold account using the link provided here, use the new Gold card to earn points from now on, and after the BA promotion runs out, you can merge the two accounts into the new Gold account and get the points from the old lower tier account transferred to the new Gold account. I found this out talking to a Marriott Rewards rep in KUL.
Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:26 am

Programs: SQ, UA, Delta, BMI(RIP), Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Diamond (Thanks Amex) Hyatt Discov
Marriott Gold with KLM/Air France tie up

Like the BA Executive Club offer, there is a KLM / Air France Flyin Blue offer for instant Marriott Gold. See link below

http://www.joinmarriottrewards.com/flyingblue/FBG2/
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:21 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
If you already have an existing Marriott Silver or lower Membership with points in that account, you can open a new gold account using the link provided here, use the new Gold card to earn points from now on, and after the BA promotion runs out, you can merge the two accounts into the new Gold account and get the points from the old lower tier account transferred to the new Gold account. I found this out talking to a Marriott Rewards rep in KUL.
Why after the BA Promo runs out. Why can't i just do it now?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by SingaporeDon
and after the BA promotion runs out
Which is when?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:11 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, VS Gold, IHG Plat, HH Gold.
I got an email from Marriott CS after I sent an enquiry about not being able to set up the online password due to the account number not being recognised. They replied telling me that because I was already a Marriott rewards member I was not eligible.

Made a reservation at the LHR Rennaissance today online and stumbled across the fact that my original account is now gold!

^

JAT
Old Apr 10, 2008, 5:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
Just got an email and hey presto from zero to gold!!!!

Now if i change my earning preference to AA after a while will that matter?

Might just have to stay in a few mariotts in the next few months,

Chris
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:03 pm

Programs: BA Silver
If you already have an account with Marriott and you opened a new one to get the Gold status, did you use the same email address or a different one?

When I go to retrieve a password for the newly created account, it gives me the one I used for my old account. Logical really, but something I didn't think about when signing up - perhaps I should have used a different email address?
Old Apr 10, 2008, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
I used a different email address to my old account. It's conveniant as i dont use the old email any more and needed to change it.

Chris
Old Apr 10, 2008, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Originally Posted by JAT74L
I got an email from Marriott CS after I sent an enquiry about not being able to set up the online password due to the account number not being recognised. They replied telling me that because I was already a Marriott rewards member I was not eligible.

Made a reservation at the LHR Rennaissance today online and stumbled across the fact that my original account is now gold!

^

JAT
Just noticed this for mine too.... was wondering why I still couldnt activate it online.
Logged into my existing one, and presto, gold
Old Apr 10, 2008, 8:52 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by chris78cpr
I used a different email address to my old account. It's conveniant as i dont use the old email any more and needed to change it.

Chris
This worked for me too, and now have Gold on my old account number! ^
Old Apr 11, 2008, 12:15 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Which is when?
BA Executive Promotion ends 30 June 2008. SO use the new Marriott Gold card until then, then merge the old one into the new Gold card after that date

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.