Free-ish Marriott Gold Card

Old Mar 26, 2008, 9:12 am

Programs: BA Blue.
Do you know if you can change the marriott card number on an existing booking? I got a very good rate using "Look No Further" guarantee - so cannot simply cancel and rebook.

I used my existing Marriott card number for this booking - but now I have a new one in my wifes name - which will get us 3 times the BA miles...

If I hand over the new card when I arrive - think they will use it if I ask and get me the extra miles (every mile counts).
Old Mar 26, 2008, 1:25 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have recieved the same offer and busy filling in online forms. Just wondering which option i should go for miles or points? If I go for points could i later exchange them for miles?

Thanks in advance,
WT
Old Mar 26, 2008, 1:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP 0.72MM
Just trying to do this now and got emailed a log in welcome email with no password.

Unable to get a password as they say account is not set up! Ugh. Wait 24 hours? Or call them?

Chris
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:09 pm

48hrs - see my previous post!
Old Mar 26, 2008, 2:20 pm

Programs: Demoted to gold, Cats protection
Originally Posted by kchika
Do I have to be a BA Gold in order to eligible for this promo?
nope, I am a silver and still got the offer
Old Mar 26, 2008, 3:37 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
did you opt for miles or points?

WT
Old Mar 26, 2008, 4:48 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by wtraveller
did you opt for miles or points?

WT
I think you will be automatically be enrolled for miles. Normally these type of deals with airlines tie you to collecting miles instead of points.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:03 pm

Programs: IHG Spire, Hertz Five Star, Southwest A-List Preferred, Marriot Gold
Targeted promo question

Does anyone know if Marriot checks your status level at all before they grant you Gold status?

I'm asking because I'm impatient; just signed up yesterday, right after I signed up for a BA FF account. Obviously, I'm just a blue level BA member at this point.

Once my account goes active (i.e. Friday) will I be able to check my elite status online?
Old Mar 27, 2008, 2:06 pm

Programs: Executive Club (Gold), Mariott (Silver), Kimpton (Global program), Priority Pass
Sigh... I use Mariott in Cambridge MA once a month so was hoping I'd be invited to join Gold but as I'm already a silver Mariott holder I get nothing. I emailed them and they said they were sorry but that's the way BA chose to run things.

Shame, I would have got more points = more miles if I'd wangled it.

Seems a little ...-backward to me.

DocW
p.s. Mariott did say (in consolation?!) that the Gold status isn't permanent; if you don't stay 50 nights you lose it.
Old Mar 27, 2008, 4:28 pm

Programs: BA Blue, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I was aiming for silver but just converted all my remaining points to miles, closed the account then went for the offer - seems to have worked..
Old Apr 1, 2008, 5:22 am
TMC

Programs: United 1K, BA Silver, Marriott LTP
Has anyone had any success enabling a newly created online account for this offer?
Old Apr 1, 2008, 5:26 am

Mine won't let me in yet, and I'm still waiting for CS to mail me back following a query posted on the web. Not tried this yet, though:

Originally Posted by moonbeam
call 0207 012 7312 and they will send you log in details e mail
Old Apr 1, 2008, 5:58 am

Programs: Etihad Gold
Set my new gold account up today online (after a call to CS). On setting it up they noticed I was an exisiting silver and 'merged' the accounts, but my stays to date were nto merged, not that I really care as I can never sustain gold, or I don't want to at Marriott anyway.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:54 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Hertz Five Star, Southwest A-List Preferred, Marriot Gold
Update

After waiting about a week, I emailed Marriott regarding my problems setting up online access. CS replied, offering to set up the account manually if I sent him the information. I'll let you all know whether it works.
Old Apr 3, 2008, 1:29 am

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
For anyone interested in what benefits this offers:
Membership Benefits

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.