Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA might pay us all 10 per flight compensation for price-fixing

Old Feb 15, 08, 2:01 am
Original Poster

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7246242.stm
Old Feb 15, 08, 2:07 am

Originally Posted by aristoph View Post
You can claim back a third of the fuel surcharge, up to 10 for each individual journey (or flight segment - up to 20 for a return flight) for each passenger.

Beware that there are some lawyers touting a website for claims now (well, from 7pm tonight)... but there is a 60 day appeals window, and then they will entertain claims "from the summer". Same for BA I guess. If you go through the lawyers they will claim a fee, and you won't be able to then independently claim.
Old Feb 15, 08, 2:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
A quick tally of my flights suggests I might be due around the £200-300 mark, but you can't really tell. Surely it should be based on when you bought the ticket rather than when you flew?

Companies are going to be the big winners. I would assume that the MVCC's alone could be due back millions of pounds.
Old Feb 15, 08, 2:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Please tell me this applies to all flights and not just TATL ones.

I flew 136 BA segments in that period of which 2 were TATL.

I could be very happy or totally depressed, depending on the answer.
Old Feb 15, 08, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by PhilH View Post
A quick tally of my flights suggests I might be due around the 200-300 mark, but you can't really tell. Surely it should be based on when you bought the ticket rather than when you flew?

Companies are going to be the big winners. I would assume that the MVCC's alone could be due back millions of pounds.
For flights flown at company expense will the refunds be to the company or individual? Many of my BA flights last year were paid for by clients but then I paid to upgrade to CE, so who paid is a little grey. I would accept however it would be reasonable for the client to seek this remibursement if they could get their act together enough to claim
Old Feb 15, 08, 2:59 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
I have no record of the flights I took then, although there were many. Any idea how I can find this out? Do BA retain this information? To be honest, I'd rather have miles than cash...
Old Feb 15, 08, 3:04 am

Programs: BD DC, BA EC, AAdvantage, Hhonors and now NZ Aipoints
hmmm

depending on whether they refund my former employer directly or not I could be due between 80 and 200 back.

will be interesting to see how this materialises. thank god I have never deleted any of my booking confirmations.

P
Old Feb 15, 08, 3:06 am

Programs: BA Blue
Same here, I have around 35 flights between that period.

How do we claim it?
Old Feb 15, 08, 3:20 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonors Silver, Marriott Club, Priority Club Club
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey View Post
I have no record of the flights I took then, although there were many. Any idea how I can find this out?
If you log in to your executive club account you can retrieve flights from 16 Feb 2005 to the 23rd March 2006 - not all but it will give you some. Best do it today as you can only search back 3 years!

I've 26 flights in total, including reward flights - guess we're entitled to those as well as we pay a fuel surcharge on the tickets!

NGBTS.
Old Feb 15, 08, 3:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
I have no record of the flights I took then, although there were many. Any idea how I can find this out? Do BA retain this information? To be honest, I'd rather have miles than cash...
Log into your BAEC account and use the recent transactions function and expand the search criteria for the whole year.
Old Feb 15, 08, 3:38 am

Programs: BA - GGL GFL
Between 15 Feb 2005 and 23 March 2006 I flew 63 BA sectors. Looking forward to my cheque!
Old Feb 15, 08, 3:49 am

I have almost 50 sectors over the period (11 total round-trip journeys) to SYD, PVG, SIN, IAD etc.

On the BBC it says that this applies only to UK and US residents.

I wonder if BA will do the right thing and extend it to all of the customers they have stolen from, or if they will wait to see who sues them.

IMHO only the lawyers are going to get rich from this.
Old Feb 15, 08, 3:56 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS, EK
Would this include redemption flights?

Obviously you are spending miles, but the b*stards were still stinging you for the fuel surcharge costs on top.

BF
Old Feb 15, 08, 4:00 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), HH Diamond, SPG Platinum
It's only showing me flight back to December 2006. I'll give them a call and see if they retain the information somewhere else. I fly a couple of sectors a week, so it could end up being quite a substantial amount...
Old Feb 15, 08, 4:01 am

Programs: EY Platinum
You could also use http://baconnect.org.uk to record your flights, going forward.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: