Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA might pay us all £10 per flight compensation for price-fixing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA might pay us all £10 per flight compensation for price-fixing

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:50 am

Originally Posted by PointsMeanPrizes
Has anyone spoken to BA directly about this? The details I read said not to but this may be the lawyers assuring they get a big slice of the pie. Maybe we could get miles instead of money?
I'm guessing since BA are linking to the Air Passenger Refund website from BA.com that that is the only process to go through (particularly since they've already reserved the cash for the payout). Miles would have been a nice option though!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:51 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by schofs
Read the latest trip reports at Schofs' Travels!
Well, come on then, where's the Brazil/Argentina write-up? You went in May!
Old Jul 25, 2008, 5:02 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Originally Posted by Teece
Well, come on then, where's the Brazil/Argentina write-up? You went in May!
Yeah - really sorry about this... I'm about half way through but other things are taking all my time at the moment....
Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA GfL
I filled in my BAEC number in the online claim form. Breathlessly awaiting my refund, which I expect to show up in 2013 , since the deadline to file is Dec. 31, 2012.

The one thing I found curious was that the online claim form allowed for the entry of FF numbers for more than one traveler. I put in Mr travelmad478's BAEC number also, since he made some flights in that period and they were paid on my CC. Is it realistic to expect BA to send a check to me for both people?
Old Jul 28, 2008, 1:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by knifeandfork
Me too. Having filled in the details online, do you then have to submit the hard copy?
Having seen this thread appear a few times in recent days I decided to file my claim online. While doing so I did notice this "update":

7/23/2008 – Have you already submitted your Claim Form?

The Claims Administrator is providing a Notice and Claim Form to all passengers in the British Airways’ and Virgin Atlantic Airways’ records without regard to your current claim filing status. If you have already submitted your Claim Form (either electronically or by post) and receive a copy of the Notice and Claim Form by email or post, you do NOT need to take any further action. The lists created for notice were not altered based on claims received.

https://www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk/Reminders.aspx
Which would mean that schofs, knifeandfork you earlier efforts submitting you BAEC number were not in vain.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Anybody have any ideas as to when we might expect to see refunds being paid ?
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
After the closing date for claims?

Only kidding.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 7:55 am

Programs: BA something, Luftwaffe SEN, CX Gold, Pilsbury Doughboy Fanclub, and lots of Amex cards
Well I filled in the detailed form online within minutes of it being active a few months ago with all flight dates and details.

Since then I have had FOUR paper versions of the same (blank) form in the mail.. and nothing else.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
Originally Posted by linenbasket
I have had FOUR paper versions of the same (blank) form in the mail.. and nothing else.
I've only had 3 paper versions of the same blank form in the post, since filling it in online on day 1.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:14 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Well I filled in the detailed form online within minutes of it being active a few months ago with all flight dates and details.

Since then I have had FOUR paper versions of the same (blank) form in the mail.. and nothing else.
Same here! Very annoying and it doesn't instill confidence in the process.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 8:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by MaxFlyer
Same here! Very annoying and it doesn't instill confidence in the process.
Indeed. Did you fill out the paper one as well? I'm not sure I trust the online one.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 9:39 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by RoseFPS
Indeed. Did you fill out the paper one as well? I'm not sure I trust the online one.
No. I did receive a reference number after submitting the online form and printed off the screenshot as proof.
Old Sep 18, 2008, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others

And I am sure these dodgy lawyers will be paid 4 times for doing it!
Old Nov 14, 2008, 3:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Update posted on airpassengerrefund.co.uk

IMPORTANT UPDATE REGARDING DELAY IN THE TIMING OF REFUND PAYMENTS

On October 21, 2008, three Objectors appealed the Order and Final Judgment approving the Settlements. The Objectors argue that the District Court should not have exercised subject matter jurisdiction over UK Settlement Class Members whose claims are for travel to destinations other than the United States, and that the Court should not have certified the class. Resolution of this appeal is likely to take at least six months, and could take more than a year (or several years), depending on the speed with which the appeals court decides the issue. ALL PAYMENTS TO ALL CLAIMANTS IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE UNITED KINGDOM WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL THE APPEAL BY THE THREE OBJECTORS IS RESOLVED.

Copies of the Objection, Settlement Class Counsel's response and the Objectors' reply are available in the "Important Documents" section of this website. The Court's Orders finding subject matter jurisdiction and approving the Settlement as well as a transcript of the final approval hearing are also available on the Important Documents section of this website.

Class members who have any questions regarding the appeal or any aspect of the delay, please do not hesitate to contact the claims administrator or the lawyers for the class
Old Nov 14, 2008, 5:52 am

Thanks for the update. My claim confirmation has been sitting at the bottom of my "waiting to hear" file for months. Looks like the lawyers will be getting an even larger portion of the payout.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.