Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA might pay us all £10 per flight compensation for price-fixing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA might pay us all £10 per flight compensation for price-fixing

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2008, 8:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador
The quoted website doesn't seem to work, but other areas of the media are suggesting this:

www.airpassengerrefund.co.uk (or www.airpassengerrefund.com for US customers)

These websites suggest:
  • It's flight booked/paid (rather than flown) from 11 August 2004 and 23 March 2006
  • It includes all longhaul (not just transatlantic) flights over 7 hours
  • Redemption bookings will be included if a fuel surcharge was paid
Old Feb 16, 2008, 9:53 am

Programs: BA Gold4life, ICH RA, Hyatt Gold and others
Well everyone should be most careful with any websites such as this one. it opnes 7-00am MONDAY morning but it may not be an official BA/VS site but rather a way to enrich the pockets of messrs COHEN and MILSTEIN (??)

I will deal direct with the offenders lest I end up in dispute with these wretched lawyers claiming a commission from me as well as the considerable fee they have already secured through the courts.
Old Feb 16, 2008, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Amex Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Mutu
Well everyone should be most careful with any websites such as this one. it opnes 7-00am MONDAY morning but it may not be an official BA/VS site but rather a way to enrich the pockets of messrs COHEN and MILSTEIN (??)

I will deal direct with the offenders lest I end up in dispute with these wretched lawyers claiming a commission from me as well as the considerable fee they have already secured through the courts.
Cohen and Milstein are the ones that have struck this deal and brought the law suit together. The website is the one that has been widely publicised in the media on every business bulletin and news website in the country.

Who's to say that this isn't the ONLY way that people will get refunds. UK and US residents are being given some time to register, which I have done. I don't think people should be put off from registering as they may well find that they don't get a refund at all.

BA/VS have agreed this deal with C&M, and are not necessarily under any obligation to accept any personal refund claims against them, or not without considerable hassle.

I've registered for myself and MrsGatch. The registration form simply takes down your contact details. I don't feel I've signed my life away.
Old Apr 13, 2008, 12:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Has anything happened with regard to this or it the case going to take an age to get anywhere?
Old May 13, 2008, 10:40 am

Bumpy McBumpington

It's been quiet on here regarding this. Any news, anyone?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 1:16 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Titanium
Now June and still no sign of this being sorted out ?
Old Jul 2, 2008, 5:20 pm

Programs: BA, LH, BD
it is on the website. File your claims in 2 weeks.
Old Jul 2, 2008, 11:42 pm

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, EK Gold, BonvoyAmb
Originally Posted by ajinlondon
which site? Link please?

*very possible that this is obvious
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:37 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by yyzlhr
which site? Link please?

*very possible that this is obvious
See post #47.

Andhow
Old Jul 3, 2008, 12:44 am

Programs: BA, LH, BD
Originally Posted by ajinlondon

have a look at ba.com a portion of the website links to the refund site.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 2:50 am

If I bought (and paid for) a ticket for myself and my wife, do we have to make separate claims (even though I paid for the tickets), or can I claim for both of us in the one claim ?

It's going to be a bit of a pain aswell finding all the bookings I made between the specified dates. Are BA & Virgin going to be able to help with this at all ?

Kevin.
Old Jul 3, 2008, 3:42 am

Originally Posted by KevinM2
It's going to be a bit of a pain aswell finding all the bookings I made between the specified dates. Are BA & Virgin going to be able to help with this at all ?
Looking at the claim form, it appears all they will need is your BAEC/VS FC membership number - so should be fairly straightforward.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 7:40 pm

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
Has anyone spoken to BA directly about this? The details I read said not to but this may be the lawyers assuring they get a big slice of the pie. Maybe we could get miles instead of money?
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:30 am

Programs: BA/BMI/RZGP Gold, AA/Amex Plat, IC Plat RA, HH Diamond, VS Silver
Just had an email from airpassengerrefunds... with a claim form... appears my EC number have been worthless...
Old Jul 25, 2008, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by schofs
Just had an email from airpassengerrefunds... with a claim form... appears my EC number have been worthless...
Me too. Having filled in the details online, do you then have to submit the hard copy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.