BA 777 World Traveler Seat Map Questions?

Old Feb 8, 08, 9:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 1MM & SPG Gold
BA 777 World Traveler Seat Map Questions?

I am traveling MIA to DXB in a couple of weeks, I am Oneworld Saphire so I can choose my seats. I can't find an accurate seat map for the 777 anywhere. I have checked BA, Seat Guru and Seat Expert. I selected 22C, which the BA site says in an exit row, but all the other sites indicate that the exit row is row 26. Does this have to do with the NNCW, move behind WT+, or is that only on the 747?

Did I make the right choice?
Old Feb 9, 08, 3:00 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
Expertflyer is showing 26 as exit row and first row of WT. WT+ is always behind J on 777. There are several seating layouts on the 777 which day are you going on?
Old Feb 9, 08, 3:37 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
There's only a 22C in World Traveller on a 3 class 777 - but it ain't an exit row.
Old Feb 9, 08, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA PLT 1MM & SPG Gold
I depart on the Feb. 18th and return on March 2nd. I looked again and it still shows an exit row at row 22. In fact I have to check and accept exit row terms and conditions in order to get the seat at all. I can't find any version of any seat map that shows row 22 as an exit.
Old Feb 9, 08, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Originally Posted by CaribAA View Post
I depart on the Feb. 18th and return on March 2nd. I looked again and it still shows an exit row at row 22. In fact I have to check and accept exit row terms and conditions in order to get the seat at all. I can't find any version of any seat map that shows row 22 as an exit.
22C is an exit row on one of the three "A" class 777's. These aircraft mostly operate to the middle east, it make sense that it's a the aircraft on your DXB flight.
CIHY
Old Feb 9, 08, 11:36 am

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
expertflyer shows the outbound exit row as 26 (WT 26-39) and the return as row 22 (WT 22-35) on the 106, 26 on the 104.

Hope this helps
Old Sep 18, 08, 3:57 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge
I'm looking at my flights on ExpertFlyer at the mo and I'm confused. My flight to DXB on 22nd Oct shows a slightly different configuration in row 39 to my flight from DXB on 27th Oct, yet both are operated by a 777. Are there different seating plans for different 777's (apart from 3 and 4 class). FYI my flight on 22nd is at 1240pm, and my return on 27th is at 10am
Old Sep 27, 08, 11:03 am

Any ideas anyone? I just checked again and the seating plans are still different!
Old Sep 27, 08, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
With no vouching for the accuracy of the individual seat plans, the new site www.seatplans.com (see this thread) shows four different configurations of 777:-
http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/br...rways/B777-200
http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/br...200-(Config-2)
http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/br...0ER-(Config-1)
http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/br...0ER-(Config-2)

Last edited by Globaliser; Sep 30, 08 at 1:49 pm Reason: To fix the URLs.
Old Sep 27, 08, 5:56 pm

Programs: British Airways Gold
I wouldn't lose sleep over it, they are not the dreaded A market aircraft, and even if they were, the only difference would be the screen size of the PTV. I took a look, and they're both 4 class ER's, one is going to be GE powered, the other RR.
Old Sep 30, 08, 9:53 am

Those links

I noticed that those links (above) aren't working, so perhaps this one will be more successful
http://www.seatplans.com/airlines/british-airways
Old Sep 30, 08, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
The links in my previous post have now been fixed. Thanks for pointing that out! (Incompetence with UBB code.)
Old Sep 30, 08, 2:08 pm

Interesting...

The seat map that expertflyer are showing for my flight to DXB with no seats down one one side in row 39 (A&B seats missing) isn't one of the above. Is this some new BA configuration or is the expertflyer map wrong?
Old Sep 30, 08, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IC Royal Ambassador, HH Gold, Marriott Gold, Tesco Blue
Originally Posted by mrdisco View Post
The seat map that expertflyer are showing for my flight to DXB with no seats down one one side in row 39 (A&B seats missing) isn't one of the above. Is this some new BA configuration or is the expertflyer map wrong?
IIRC they are in the process of removing the toilet in front of Door 4L from the 777s and adding in an extra couple of seats. I would guess that your outbound flight is on an aircraft yet to have the toilet removed.

You really don't want to be sitting that far back though, the back couple of rows of 3 by the windows are seem slightly narrower than the rest of the plane, I imagine to allow for the curvature of the fuselage.
Old Sep 30, 08, 2:38 pm

That must be it because it has a big L there for lavatory. Interesting!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: