Wiki Posts
Search

Off to BKK on 17th Feb, in WTP (BA0009)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Off to BKK on 17th Feb, in WTP (BA0009)

Hi all,

Although I dont make too many contributions to the forum I must say then I read it often and find it a wealth of information, thank to you all.

I really try to ensure that my business always sends me on BA, as far as possibel, but lately we have been flying *Virgin*. Although we generally fly Business with the currently queeze that is apon us all I have found out that I am flying Ba to BKK (Good times) but in WTP (Bad time (or maybe not)).

To nbe honest I have always love the way the BA staff take care of you when in business, never been First, and I thnk that the crew really makes the difference to any longhaul flight, so what will it be like in WPT? I have been looking through the forum to try and get some good seats, managed to get 28F (I think in the STBD Side on its own) which gets good write ups, and one in row 12 on the way home.

One thing that does worry me is that I have meeting on the afternoon when I get to BKK so I want to get some good rest on the flight, also on the way back - do you think I will have a problem? Could it really be full of screaming kids? To be honest I am worried about this aspect the most.

One plus side is I have got a full fare, full flex ticket, so maybe the charnces are better to get an op up, if they have to (not expecting anyting of course) but I have not lost my status on BA, due to us flying Virgin for a while (Crazy fools).

Anyway, best do some work now, so what is WTP like? Should I not need worry?

Thanks all

Nick
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:39 am

Programs: BA Exec, BMI DC
Upgrade with Miles

Hi Nick

I assume you don't have 25k of BA miles kicking about or maybe there is no availabilty in C?

Why not upgrade your booking?

Sorry if I'm missing the obvious...

Cheers

Benjurs
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Benjurs
Hi Nick

I assume you don't have 25k of BA miles kicking about or maybe there is no availabilty in C?

Cheers

Benjurs
You say that, I have 50k at the moment, how do I upgrade?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:47 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
Hi Nick

Cheers

Benjurs
difficult to get a revenue ticket in J to BKK in middle/end Feb (school half term?) - no chance of an award seat I would think.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Hi Nick

WT+ to J on this route would be 20k miles per sector.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
WT+ to J on this route would be 20k miles per sector.
Just called BAEC and I cant upgrade, as we use a travel agent

But she did confirm that I have a W class ticket, what ever that is!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:19 am

Programs: BA Exec, BMI DC
Try here

Originally Posted by BA0049
You say that, I have 50k at the moment, how do I upgrade?
Although I agree with Irmster, you've not a lot of hope and I think slim has left town...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum

Yes, that's one of the problems booking through a TA.
I wouldn’t worry about it too much though as unless something oppens up last minute there is currently no availability to upgrade on the 17th anyway, and although I don't know your return, unless you are staying there for many months, I doubt there will be any availability to upgrade in such short notice for the return as well.

As to the class of ticket, well it just means you have a full fare, flexible WT+ ticket.

Edited to add: your flight on the 17th is showing 0 availability in every class expect full fare First which has 5 seats left.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:22 am

Programs: Muccihood de la Rotisserie Doree, BAEC Gold, SAS Eurobonus basic, Ansett Golden Wing :-(

That currently prices at just over £2k. See also the other thread today about flying to BKK from IST or DUS via LHR, on BA in First, for just £2.2k.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by James S
That currently prices at just over Ł2k. See also the other thread today about flying to BKK from IST or DUS via LHR, on BA in First, for just Ł2.2k.
Might not be a bad idea to cancel and re book this way in F, if this would book you into A, otherwise as I mentioned, no availability in any other class.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by clubman
Might not be a bad idea to cancel and re book this way in F, if this would book you into A, otherwise as I mentioned, no availability in any other class.
I would love to but with my company there is no chance of that.

I will give WTP a go, dont get lounge access but I am sure it will be really nice, hope so.

If the flight is full do you think I may get bumped off?

Thanks for all your replies, very interesting stuff.
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:38 am

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
hi,

managed to get 28F (I think in the STBD Side on its own) which gets good write ups, and one in row 12 on the way home.

I've been trying for 2 years to get MFU from WT= to CW on this route and if any opens it's either impossible dates or gets snapped up in a flash(yesterday one outbound 1/1/09 and one inbound 14/1/09 came and went)
Surely BA9 is now an upgraded 747 with WT+ in rows 11-16 between F and CW? in which case row 28 is in WT??
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
but I am sure it will be really nice.
There are many ways of describing a flight to BKK in WT+ but, especially if you're 6'2' like me, "really nice" would not be the words I would use!

Expedia is offering Finnair to BKK in Business Class for £1,800 in February - think of those tier points!
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SuanLum
Surely BA9 is now an upgraded 747 with WT+ in rows 11-16 between F and CW? in which case row 28 is in WT??
Yes, you are right, it is!
I think the OP may want to go into MMB and re select his seat...
Old Jan 29, 2008, 6:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuanLum
hi,

managed to get 28F (I think in the STBD Side on its own) which gets good write ups, and one in row 12 on the way home.

I've been trying for 2 years to get MFU from WT= to CW on this route and if any opens it's either impossible dates or gets snapped up in a flash(yesterday one outbound 1/1/09 and one inbound 14/1/09 came and went)
I am sure I have an old CW aircraft coming back. I have 12K outbound and 28J returning.

28J is a seat all on its own!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.