Tesco and BA [2008 archive]

Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:02 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
1000 extra points on £50 plus spend

Deleted

Last edited by swissytrader; Jan 7, 2008 at 6:19 am
Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:22 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by swissytrader
Received this in the HLC mailing. Funny code though, which is DFFYHRZLXPR6.
Expiration 2nd March 2008.

I dont know whether this is targeted.
Worked for me, so looks like we could be in business again !
Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Worked for me too - thank you.

I'll be placing an order through the BMI e-Store today
Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:39 am

Thank you - this worked for me!
Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:45 am
SLF

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
I'll be placing an order through the BMI e-Store today
Thanks for this tip; I've found that I am theoretically able to get to Barbados via Tesco but I can't actually find how to get to the online shop! How do you get to the e-store?
Old Jan 7, 2008, 5:49 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Originally Posted by SLF
Thanks for this tip; I've found that I am theoretically able to get to Barbados via Tesco but I can't actually find how to get to the online shop! How do you get to the e-store?
If you go to My Flybmi then under the Diamond Club heading is Online Shopping

But the code doesn't work anymore on any of my accounts - says the campaign has ended
Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:02 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
If you go to My Flybmi then under the Diamond Club heading is Online Shopping

But the code doesn't work anymore on any of my accounts - says the campaign has ended
That would be a targetted code though - only really for the use of the original poster, I'm afraid. I only hope that SwissyTrader managed to use it himself before it was over-used.

fwiw, I've only just logged on, so didnt' try it myself.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:18 am

Programs: BA , HH, PC RA
Oh bu**er.
It does'nt work for me now.
It must have just a specific time frame .
I will edit my original post to delete the code and request that Frequentflyer99 does the same.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:23 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Originally Posted by swissytrader
Oh bu**er.
It does'nt work for me now.
It must have just a specific time frame .
I will edit my original post to delete the code and request that Frequentflyer99 does the same.
Not so much a specific time frame as a specific number of recipients, if the theories on www.paidtoshop.co.uk are to be believed.

And I'm afraid the damage has probably already been done even if the post has been deleted.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 6:56 am

Programs: BAEC lowly blue, various semi-worthless hotel programs.
Originally Posted by Blackjackburger
Given the sparse amounts of extra points codes around during the last quarter, and with BA introducing its own eshopping scheme awarding miles directly (which I have to say has been a godsend in the absence of of codes), are we seeing the beginning of the end of BA and Tesco's love in?
Might also be nice to have a discussion on this thread for a change as well to start off the new year!
I had never bothered to join - or even think about joining - the EC until about 12 months ago, but I was fortunate to stumble upon FT. Thanks to the immense amount of info here I now find myself in the position of being able to book a 2-4-1 redemption in CW (or at a stretch F - still deciding on that one ). Thanks to Raffles and everyone else for the most valuable information. ^

However, I agree with Blackjackburger that the "love-in" seems to have dwindled somewhat. Back when I started to be bothered about collecting Tesco points (and actually being bothered to get my Clubcard out at the checkout for example) there were lots of things in-store that had extra points attached. Likewise, home delivery codes were plentiful and thanks to these I built up a decent miles balance without having to try to hard at all. Now, both in-store and home delivery points seem scarce.

I can't foresee having enough miles for a CW (let alone F) redemption for my next 2-4-1, but I was never as motivated as some folk on PTS and the like so perhaps I should put more effort into it! Anyone else agree or disagree?

Suffice to say, that as I said above, a big thank you to Raffles et al. What :-:s.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 12:07 pm

Programs: Virgin Flyer Club, BA Exec Club
A friend at work convinced me into joining Exec Club and Tesco Club Card. He is able to collect enough miles that he, his wife and 2 kids can travel "free" from Scotland to Orlando once every few years.

I am not a flyer with BA. It is easier for me to go with Virgin and have joined their flyer club as well as using their Amex card.

My plans where to use Virgin for my American travels and BA for my Euro travels.

However, I am beginning to question whether BA Exec Club (& Clubcard) is worth it??>>>>

I estimate I could get 20 000 BA miles per year by shopping at tesco (inc petrol). This total would exclude minor efforts like getting energy from Eon and using BA e store whenever poss (say another 3 000 miles).

My question is though, what is this going to get me? If i let it built up for 4 years and total ~100k miles is this worth the bother if i need to get seats for me, my wife and 2 kids??

Looking at the level of tax and surcharge i would need to pay would suggest that budget airlines will always be cheaper that BA even when the BA flight is "free".

Any views or similar experiences. Is BA Exec club really only for freq flyers??
Old Jan 7, 2008, 1:02 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Die Hard
I estimate I could get 20 000 BA miles per year by shopping at tesco (inc petrol). This total would exclude minor efforts like getting energy from Eon and using BA e store whenever poss (say another 3 000 miles).

My question is though, what is this going to get me? If i let it built up for 4 years and total ~100k miles is this worth the bother if i need to get seats for me, my wife and 2 kids??
If you are looking to redeem in economy for wife-and-two-kids, then no, it is probably not a good scheme. If however you wish to devote a bit more effort to Tesco shopping using the voucher codes found on the first post in this thread, then you should be able to get a lot more than 20,000 BA miles per year. Two to three times as much without really breaking a sweat. And then you could ditch the kids for a fortnight and fly with your wife in Club World to somewhere like San Francisco or Cape Town on a 2-4-1.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by redshift27
If you are looking to redeem in economy for wife-and-two-kids, then no, it is probably not a good scheme. If however you wish to devote a bit more effort to Tesco shopping using the voucher codes found on the first post in this thread, then you should be able to get a lot more than 20,000 BA miles per year. Two to three times as much without really breaking a sweat. And then you could ditch the kids for a fortnight and fly with your wife in Club World to somewhere like San Francisco or Cape Town on a 2-4-1.
Thanks redshift27 - sounds a great idea to ditch the kids for a fortnight! I will look deeper into these voucher codes you mention. One question for you, and excuse my ignorance, but what is a 2-4-1 and how to i go about getting one?
Old Jan 7, 2008, 1:33 pm

New Offer: If you dont already know this www.uswitch.com are offering 1000 CC points for switching UK electricity/gas supplier to Eon. In addition, 1 CC point for each £1 on bill. So thereafter. Sounds good deal or should we avoid?? Found it on the Tesco website
Old Jan 7, 2008, 1:38 pm

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Die Hard
Thanks redshift27 - sounds a great idea to ditch the kids for a fortnight! I will look deeper into these voucher codes you mention. One question for you, and excuse my ignorance, but what is a 2-4-1 and how to i go about getting one?
The BA Amex Premium Plus card generates one 241 certificate every twelve months on reaching a £10,000 spend, and earns 1.5 BA miles per pound spent. The 241 certificate is valid for a year, and allows you to take a companion with you paying only for the taxes. So two Club World return tickets to N America come to 100,000 miles plus two lots of taxes, i.e. about £400-£500.

Extensively discussed here, search for 241 or BA Amex and you will have lots of stuff to study.

You can start with the Ultimate BA Guide Sticky at the top of the Threads listing, and particularly this post.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.