Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Official LGW Routes Axed: ABZ, NCE, PRG, KEF, SPU

Official LGW Routes Axed: ABZ, NCE, PRG, KEF, SPU

Old Nov 30, 07, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Originally Posted by Bukhara View Post
Tsk. This is getting boring now.

My reading of that is that 5.1(a), (b) & (c) all apply concurrently unless the get-out clauses in (i), (ii) or (iii) have been met. I think you're reading it very simplistically if you think the get-out clauses apply only to 5.1(c) (ie, Article 7).
I'm sorry to bore you Bukhara but this has important implications for anyone whose flight from an EU airport (or on an EU carrier to an EU airport) is cancelled more than 2 weeks before the scheduled date of departure.

It is quite clear that Article 5,1(c)(i) applies only to 1(c) and that 1(c)(i) does not apply to 1(a). This is even clearer when you look at the original Regulation at http://europa.eu/eur-lex/pri/en/oj/d...en00010007.pdf
because both line spacing and indentation are used to associate 1(c)(i) with 1(c) and separate it from 1(a) and 1(b).

For some reason you have changed the formatting when you pasted the Regulation into your post, separating 5,1(c) from the rest of 5,1. That gives a somewhat misleading impression and I wondered why you had done that?
Old Nov 30, 07, 4:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Alvador View Post
I'm sorry to bore you Bukhara but this has important implications for anyone whose flight from an EU airport (or on an EU carrier to an EU airport) is cancelled more than 2 weeks before the scheduled date of departure.

It is quite clear that Article 5,1(c)(i) applies only to 1(c) and that 1(c)(i) does not apply to 1(a). This is even clearer when you look at the original Regulation at http://europa.eu/eur-lex/pri/en/oj/d...en00010007.pdf
because both line spacing and indentation are used to associate 1(c)(i) with 1(c) and separate it from 1(a) and 1(b).

For some reason you have changed the formatting when you pasted the Regulation into your post, separating 5,1(c) from the rest of 5,1. That gives a somewhat misleading impression and I wondered why you had done that?
But why are you arguing over this?

Let me say it again.

Once an airline accept consideration for a transportation contract, they have a contractual obligation to transport you to your destination, and they cannot walk away from said obligation simply by means of refunding the fare.

The applicability or otherwise of the provisions of the above regulation does not alter this most basic fact of the matter.
Old Nov 30, 07, 4:26 pm
Bukhara

Last edited by Bukhara; Jul 26, 12 at 4:20 pm

Old Nov 30, 07, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyway, believe what you wish. I couldn't give a damn other than the fact you are sending out messages of false hope.
Do you disagree with my statements above as well?
Old Nov 30, 07, 4:33 pm
Bukhara

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited by Bukhara; Jul 26, 12 at 4:20 pm

Old Nov 30, 07, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA bronze
Between that, and this:

I do feel somewhat besmirched. I haven't changed the formatting on anything - I am not that sly.

Anyway, believe what you wish. I couldn't give a damn other than the fact you are sending out messages of false hope. So, I shall take the next taxi down Reality Drive and let you catch the bus down Dead End Street and maybe our paths will meet again in another thread.
My apologies. It appeared as though the formatting had changed.

We will have to agree to disagree about the interpretation of the Regulation.

I can only suggest that anyone affected by the flight cancellations takes a look at the wording of the EU Regulation for themselves and makes their own mind up.

Goodnight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: