New LCY Routes: AMS x 4, BCN, NCE + WAW

Old Dec 19, 07, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IC RA, Kimpton Inner Circle, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by LeisureFirst View Post
When I flew LCY-MAD on possibly the busiest weekend of the year for flights to/from MAD, the plane was only about 30% full. [Note I'm not saying that particular LCY-MAD route isn't sometimes busier.] Which made it particularly sad that everyone was so uncomfortable. Even just increasing the seat pitch by 3" (so taking out about 10% of the seats) would have made the whole thing bearable.
I have travelled in Y (mecifully in the D/F row after CE) on this route in a packed aircraft and that really is unpleasant.

Row 1 in CE is however quite nice (other rows are less nice). I also prefer 1C even though it is not on the "guaranteed" 2 seat side of the aircraft. I have never seen 1B occupied when I have been in CE.
Old Dec 19, 07, 7:00 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club, United Mileage Plus & bmi Diamond Club
I would think they would serve routes where they can do 2x daily for the businessman. Warsaw?!

Obviously BA intend on staying at LCY. Any chance of replacing those RJs. A318s? E-Jets?
Old Dec 19, 07, 7:14 am

Programs: SQ PPS, LH SEN, Amex something, nothing everywhere else
Originally Posted by browserden View Post
I fail to see the point of the AMS route, VG offer an excellent service on this route which is very frequent and reasonably priced and KL caters for those who'd rather avoid LHR and use AMS as their hub (or like to collect FB miles).
I haven't flown BA out of LCY recently so I don't know what it's like on board, but I hate the F50's with a passion. Very cramped seating and just generally unpleasant to fly in. I'm rather hoping the BA jets will be better, and I'll certainly try them. VG service is definitely far better than KL, but if BA offers the same kind of meal in CE they do on the AMS-LHR route, then they'll be ahead of both.

The more the merrier. Having suffered through KL's monopoly on this route for too long, I welcome all competition.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: