FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   help with award availability: LHR-SEA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/755874-help-award-availability-lhr-sea.html)

Expatbear Nov 11, 2007 4:26 am

help with award availability: LHR-SEA

Heading back home for T-day next week on a 241 in Club. Heading back on Monday the 19th as that was all that was available months ago when we originally booked.

I've checked every couple of days over the last week about moving the date to Sunday the 18th, but of course there's only one flight on that day (049) so it stands to reason that availability will be limited.

Just wondering a couple of things. First, would anyone with ExpertFlyer be willing to have a quick check at the loads for BA049 on Sun 18 Nov? I suppose if club is already close to booked with paying passengers then our chances are slim that revenue management would release anything.

Secondly, when is RM most likely to release seats (if they will do it at all)? I seem to recall that it's T-72ish but not entirely sure. Finally, there's no change fee on the Amex 241s, correct? I believe the agent told me that changes had to be done 24 hours in advance of travel though...

Thanks all! :D

BAg Lady Nov 11, 2007 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Expatbear (Post 8710653)
Just wondering a couple of things. First, would anyone with ExpertFlyer be willing to have a quick check at the loads for BA049 on Sun 18 Nov? I suppose if club is already close to booked with paying passengers then our chances are slim that revenue management would release anything... :D

Cant help with the rest but EF is showing the following.

BA 49 LHR 18/11/07 14:05 SEA 18/11/07 15:50 777
F2 A0 J6 C0 D0 I0 W9 T8 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 R0 V0 N0 E0 L0 S0 Q0
Hope that helps.

frankvb Nov 11, 2007 10:44 am

Good luck with finding CW award seats on LHR-SEA, as you'll need it!

What does happen is that award seats are released a few days (about 4 or 5) before the flights. I managed to MFU in that way on a Sunday in October, but it was SEA-LHR...

BTW: KVStool is showing the following with a UK POS:
[KVS Availability Tool 3.0.9901/Platinum - Sabre: ITN/UK-ASB]
Code:

LHR  London Heathrow UK [EGLL]
SEA  Seattle/Tacoma Int'l WA US [KSEA]
SUN  18 Nov 2007

Carrier  Flight From Depart    To  Arrive    A/C  St  Availability
--------- ------ ---- --------- ---- --------- ---- ---- -----------------------------------------
BA        49    LHR  14:05    SEA  15:50    777  0    F3 A3 J8 C7 D0 I0 Y9 B9 H9 K9 M9 R0  0  0

Expatbear Nov 11, 2007 11:47 am

Brilliant, thanks BAg lady and frankvb! :D

Gav678 Nov 12, 2007 4:09 am

Typical. First time I notice another FTer on the same flight as me and they try and change it...

I got a MFU on BA49 for the Monday..

Gavin