Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2007, 5:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by PiedPiper
Sorry if this is OT but i would just like some help.

I am trying to claim TPs and miles for a Malev flight in June. I have faxed BA three times, twice to the UK and once in Cyprus and telephoned once specifically to sort this out. The phone call to BAEC was hopeless - and the person on the line really didnt want to help out on this. Its now five months - what do i have to do to have these TPs and points added - its not very many, LCA-BUD but it all adds up.

Im just feeling more than a tad frustrated - we get sold the idea of buying into FF programmes, and then have to do all the hard work, and BA are not helping here!

Thanks.
Try PMing Lyndsey, our BAEC lurker for assistance. Her handle is BA Executive Club and she should be able to help sort it out
Old Nov 23, 2007, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
'Purchase this fare and you will be invited to join the Executive Club ...'

... or not, as the case may be.

That's the message I got for an O class LHR-ZRH return after clicking on the link in an e-mail from BA.

Having logged in and making the booking again, I get no such message, all other details (including O class) remaining the same.

One of these is correct, and I suspect it's the latter. So I wonder why I get a better offer clicking from the e-mail.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
It's a misnomer anyway - you don't need a qualifying flight to join the EC now. The message has never displayed when you already have an EC account (i.e. are logged in).
Old Nov 25, 2007, 2:12 am
Company Representative - British Airways

Morning all, been away for a week.... hence the silence.

I'll pick up all these tomorrow onwards and reply as soon as I have any news.

"Enhancement" suggestions will be passed on to the relevant people to look at.

Thanks and hope you all having a nice weekend

Dilly
Old Nov 25, 2007, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Many thanks Dilly.

Have a nice weekend too!
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Dilly, could you confirm something please...
Is it true that when booking a redemption WT flight, if one uses the miles and cash option, the possibility to cancel online will not appear in MMB?
Old Nov 25, 2007, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Is it true that when booking a redemption WT flight, if one uses the miles and cash option, the possibility to cancel online will not appear in MMB?
No idea, sorry ... I'm sure Lyndsay will be able to answer this... so I'll ask her if she doesn't spot this tomorrow.

Thanks

Dilly.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:34 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
I did some of these up to EDI and IIRC option to cancel was there.

The nice thing about these is that they are changeable for free up to 24 hours prior to departure (Provided there is availability).

And it beats paying Ł400 for birdseed up to EDI!
Old Nov 25, 2007, 8:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR Tim
I did some of these up to EDI and IIRC option to cancel was there.

The nice thing about these is that they are changeable for free up to 24 hours prior to departure (Provided there is availability).

And it beats paying £400 for birdseed up to EDI!
Thanks LHR Tim, maybe I was just unlucky.

Yes I have found that on very specific routes they are good value.

LHR-TLV for example is just 6000 miles+£22 cash.

Last edited by clubman; Nov 25, 2007 at 8:52 am
Old Nov 25, 2007, 9:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks LHR Tim, maybe I was just unlucky.
Or maybe not...

Just made another booking and the option to change is there, but not to cancel.
The other booking I made yesterday for the same route in WT using full miles has the option to cancel as well.

Dilly, this looks like a web issue to me, but will wait to hear from you or Lyndsay.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, BMI Silver
Your Seat has been changed bug

Hi Dilly,

Welcome to FT! I've got a minor issue for you, but it is definitely confusing.

My flight LGW-NCE has had the time changed by five minutes. However on the front page of MMB, it claims that my seat has been changed (which it hasn't), and neglects to mention the change of flight time unless you go into the detailed booking view, and even then it's far from clear. An email for all flight time changes, however minor, would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 6:16 pm

Hi Dilly:

I am trying to book online (executive club)a trip from yvr-tlv. I have done this in the past but now the response comes back that BA does not fly to this location. However it will allow a one way tlv-yvr or sea-tlv. Any help on this would be appreciated.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by RTW Dreamer
Hi Dilly:

I am trying to book online (executive club)a trip from yvr-tlv. I have done this in the past but now the response comes back that BA does not fly to this location. However it will allow a one way tlv-yvr or sea-tlv. Any help on this would be appreciated.

I reported this same issue two weeks ago. Hopefully they are working on it.

I can MLA-LGW and LGW-ATL but if I try MLA-ATL, BA says they do not fly this route. (I am trying to book this flight on dates before March 30 when BA stops flying to MLA)
Old Nov 28, 2007, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by Aerotec
^^

Brilliant news and very much appreciated! And remember we never moan here at FT we just "make suggestions for imrpovement!

Can I start the ball rolling with 2 things...

1. When I click the "Exit Booking" after viewing a booking on MMB the page it goes to is a search page requiring the Booking Ref and Surname. Can the linkl be changed so it goes back to the list if actual bookings against my Exec number?

2. I use a Nokia Internet pad and have just bought the newer N800 version but it won't let me log in to ba.com. When I click the field to type in my Exec Number it causes the ba.com page to refresh. I am not sure if this is a browser fault on the device or a fault with how ba.com is coded? As it did the same thing on 2 different versions of the device and no other website does this I wonder if it is more likely a ba.com fault? If I can log in to ba.com with this device then I can stop taking my laptop with me on my travels which would be great!

Thanks for setting this up Lyndsay and co!

Rich
Hiya...

1. Great suggestion and I've passed this on. I'll keep you updated on this. If an exec club member only had one booking, then would it make sense to return to the exec club landing page once you exit that single booking?

2. Currently ba.com is not designed to work with mobile devices but this area is being looked at so I've passed on your comments re the N800.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dilly
Old Nov 28, 2007, 8:09 pm

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hiya...

1. Great suggestion and I've passed this on. I'll keep you updated on this. If an exec club member only had one booking, then would it make sense to return to the exec club landing page once you exit that single booking?

2. Currently ba.com is not designed to work with mobile devices but this area is being looked at so I've passed on your comments re the N800.

Thanks and kind regards,

Dilly
1. Yes - if only one booking exists then take us straight back to the EC landing page - otherwise you have to click on "Home" at the top and then on "Exec Club" to get back.

2. I'm not important enough to have a swanky mobile device paid for by the office just a normal phone for me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.