Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:12 am
Company Representative - British Airways

How do I do a drum roll here?

Booking classes will be available on ba.com this month I'm told. I look forward to your comments once it's up and running.

I'm just off to look at the Malev site now.

Kind Regards,

Dilly
Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:15 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by ba.com helper

Booking classes will be available on ba.com this month I'm told. I look forward to your comments once it's up and running.

Kind Regards,

Dilly
One word: Wow.

Another word: Thanks! Great news. ^^^^^

Now how does one find the applause smiley
Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:19 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card

Kind Regards,

Dilly
Cool!!!

Look forward to seeing it. Will it be booking by fare code though - or just telling us what the fare code is?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 9:59 am

Yes there is a big difference between getting the Malev site and just a little bit telling you the fare code you are getting.
Old Nov 13, 2007, 10:50 am

Programs: AA 2MM - PLT, BA GGL, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Are we reporting bugs here?

If so....

If you are in MMB on the Your Service page and select Exit this booking at the bottom the system will log you out of EC

If you go to the seating page from the My Booking tab and then exit it dumps you back at the useless Your Service page and you have to click through to the My Booking page again.
If you do just about anything it dumps you back at the Your Service page and you have to then go to My Booking to do anything useful.

Given the above insistence of the system to dump you back to Your Services why can't we access another PNR from there?

If you do an ex-EU long haul booking and select best fare the results will show I class fares.
If you don't like the options presented you can show more flights. If you do this and select the same flights as previously presented it will show Full J fare prices on fare page. I have never been able to get the thing to show me an I class by selecting flights individually on an ex-EU booking.

As you can tell Dilshad I am not a great fan of ba.com but am glad you are here to help out. ^
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:00 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SchmeckFlyer
I have had an issue with a booking that does not appear in MMB. Although I can easily find it using PNR and surname, it seems slightly redundant when MMB should provide easy access to all my bookings. My BA Exec Club number is in the lost bookings, which incidentally became lost after date changes were made.

Is there an easy way to fix this? Or should I write a PM?
This was something I was already working on before Dilly came onboard; we know what the problem is and are working on a solution.

In the meantime, I can fix the problem on individual accounts if you send me a PM with your details, but would prefer to not do too many of these!

I'll keep you posted on how we're doing with the fix.

Kind Rgds
Lyndsay
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:02 am

OK - here's an enhancement request.

I have had a flight where the departure time has changed. It would be *really* useful to have this highlighted in red on the first MMB page. Better still a banner in my EC home page....

Currently it is hidden in My Booking | My Flights | specific flight dropdown | Status:

Instead of saying Confirmed. it says Confirmed. Please note new flight times. in the exact same font. You would really have to be looking for it to spot it.

^ on the booking code enhancement - looking forward to using it!!
Old Nov 13, 2007, 11:11 am

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Are we allowed to put requests on here?

Can the PYO Boarding Passes be different colours or different types depending on Class/Status like a lot of other airlines do?
Old Nov 13, 2007, 1:22 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
This was something I was already working on before Dilly came onboard; we know what the problem is and are working on a solution.

In the meantime, I can fix the problem on individual accounts if you send me a PM with your details, but would prefer to not do too many of these!

Kind Rgds
Lyndsay
I will hold off on the PM to spare you a little then, and trust you and your team will find a fix. The problem is not so serious that it desperately needs to be fixed... I don't need to access the particular booking(s) on a regular basis anyway.
Old Nov 14, 2007, 3:32 am

Programs: If Easyjet gave status....

Kind Regards,

Dilly
Fantastic news! ^
Old Nov 14, 2007, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Just wanted to chime in and say welcome to Dilshad!

It is great to see BA "taking advantage" of us, I'm sure we both have a lot to learn about eachother!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 5:47 am

Programs: PC, BA Low Rent Elite
I vote that we give them a chance to fix the things that don't work before asking for any enhancements!
Old Nov 14, 2007, 4:53 pm

Programs: Mucci Reperateur des Coeurs Brises
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club

Kind Rgds
Lyndsay
And the problem seems to have been fixed! All my current bookings now appear in MMB. Has this quick fix anything to do with this and other threads on FT????
Old Nov 14, 2007, 11:23 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Dilly,

I fear my welcome may be too late, but 'Welcome' anyway - and thanks Lyndsay!

One question re: ba.com. Is my inability to register my 11 year old son's BAEC no. at the time of booking BA policy or a shortcoming with ba.com? If the latter, any chance you could fix it please?

It's never a problem when booking through my company's travel agent, just when booking directly on-line with BA. Many thanks.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 7:01 am

Programs: BA : Virgin
Dilly

A few quick thoughts (which I'm sure you are already working on !)

SMS / Email functions -- Currently few and far between ; could we have
FREE

SMS or Email alerts when OLCI is open for a booked flight (Just in case we forget!)

SMS or Email alerts when BA Miles and/or TP's are awarded (or deducted) from ones account -- i.e. when the account balance changes notification is recieved.

OLCI Robot option -- i.e. AUTO OLCI i.e. Allow criteria to be set (eg : Window close to front) and the OLCI-Robot will Auto OLCI at T-24 based on the criteria set by the member (useful when no web access)

SMS or Email alerts against specific award search criteria (set by member) when there is currently NO availabality i.e. search for J class LHR - ORD May 1st - 3rd, 2008 and shows non available - then click SMS or EMAIL me when/if availabaility comes available -- much better than logging on every day to check if it has opened.

Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.