Wiki Posts
Search

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2008, 4:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, BMI Silver
Email when flight times change

Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Hi, this has been resolved now.... whilst we won't send you an email, when you look at "My booking" in MMB, the status field is bolded so that it catches your eye.

Thanks,

Dilly.
Hi Dilly,

Thanks for fixing this! It would be great, however if the system could send an email when flight times change.

If it helps you to justify it internally, Expedia sends them if I have a booking made on there!

Cheers,

Chris.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Originally Posted by cjt105
If it helps you to justify it internally, Expedia sends them if I have a booking made on there!
As do Air Miles, which still has a BA connection even after its sale to Aeroplan.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 3:10 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Just a link back to :-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786649

Hopefully Dilly has this thread registered.

Cheers,
Rick
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:15 am

Programs: MUCCI Diamante- that's all that matters
Hi Dilly,

I hope you are well.

I have 2 problems, which I hope you can help me with. If not, perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

1. I have a 241 booking, but need to change the dates. The link in MMB is not active (greyed out), so can't do it online. I called BAEC who want to charge me Ł60 (2 pax) for doing it over the phone and despite me protesting that it can be done online, but not in my case, they won't waive the fee. If I pm you the PNR could you help me out?

2. This is a glitch, I think. Everytime I book flights travelling with a person who's surname starts letters A-G (mine starts after G) and under the same PNR, my companion gets the confirmation email. I even booked over the phone and pointed this out. They assured me that the email will come to me, which it did not. This is annoying, because sometimes you don't want the other person to know how much you paid for the flights.

Can you help? Many thanks
Kevin
Old Feb 4, 2008, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Bonvoy, Chase BA
I also couldn't cancel my 241 booking online.

Originally Posted by arpiuk
Hi Dilly,

I hope you are well.

I have 2 problems, which I hope you can help me with. If not, perhaps you can point me in the right direction.

1. I have a 241 booking, but need to change the dates. The link in MMB is not active (greyed out), so can't do it online. I called BAEC who want to charge me Ł60 (2 pax) for doing it over the phone and despite me protesting that it can be done online, but not in my case, they won't waive the fee. If I pm you the PNR could you help me out?

2. This is a glitch, I think. Everytime I book flights travelling with a person who's surname starts letters A-G (mine starts after G) and under the same PNR, my companion gets the confirmation email. I even booked over the phone and pointed this out. They assured me that the email will come to me, which it did not. This is annoying, because sometimes you don't want the other person to know how much you paid for the flights.

Can you help? Many thanks
Kevin
Old Feb 9, 2008, 7:00 am

Adding to existing booking

I booked one RT in WTP with dollars and another using miles on ba.com, but they are two separate bookings. I called into BAEC and was told I couldn't combine them and since my wife is not silver, there is no way to ensure that we have seats together on the flight unless we get lucky when online check-in opens. One of the most unhelpful people I've spoken to BAEC in the call center in a while! Wouldn't bother to try to offer any options. Any options here? Should I cancel both flights and book this via phone? Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 2008, 7:38 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by ba.com helper
Booking classes will be available on ba.com this month I'm told. I look forward to your comments once it's up and running.

I'm just off to look at the Malev site now.

Dilly,

Have you been looking at the question of choosing a the fare class as well as chceking it?

There's another thread running

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789132

which highlights how much of a pain the current system is. I'm trying to book a ticket where at least the inbound is changeable for a fee - I don't want to get stuck with an inflexible I fare, but the cost chasm to J is huge, so I'd like D. The problem is ba.com has just two switches "lowest cost" and "flexible". If you can allow me to force a particular fare class (in this case I know from expertflyer that both D & C are available), could you add an extra option to give us "changeable for a fee"?

Also, in my case this is made more difficult because it's an open jaw - LGW-GVA, CDG-LHR so the flexibility of selecting flights is much lower than with a simple round trip. Why can't you implement the same price versus schedule options for open jaws as you do for other itineries?
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:25 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Link to :-

http://www.flyertalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=790473
Old Feb 15, 2008, 6:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routičres, PCR
Booking award flights, the BAEC membership number is shown as default. This means that Blue members are unable to select seats even if they have OW Emerald or Sapphire status.

When booking Club or Peasant as awards, I have found that a call to EC usually ends up with seat numbers ... after the initial rejection, then 'but they're award tickets', then the reference to OW t+cs and the substitution of OW numbers in the booking.

It would be useful if alternative numbers could be inserted when booking to avoid this extra hassle. No miles or tier points earned, so no great problem?
Old May 7, 2008, 4:22 pm

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Forgive me if this has been thrashed to death before, but I can't find it.

It's a small but irritating point that most of the time as a US registered user I get at least a $20 online discount for signing into BAEC, however if I go through the

Executive Club -> spending miles -> upgrade a new booking -> choose flights

path I get the same base price without the $20 discount. I guess I could make the booking with the $20 then subsequently fight with 1-800-AIRWAYS to get them to do the upgrade without the change fee, but was it intended that I shouldn't get the $20 online discount if I want to upgrade, even though I can handle the whole transaction online?
Old Jul 4, 2008, 2:10 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Dilly,

Using the Book multi-city function, I find myself thwarted by BA.com's insistence on a 120 minute minimum connection at LGW. Surely the 2 hour MCT only applies to LHR transfers. Is this a change or could it be a fare explorer glitch?

Any assistance would be most gratefully received
Old Jul 4, 2008, 3:16 pm

Programs: F
Dilly

Pointer to a problem with the new award tool, documented here.
Old Jul 6, 2008, 1:41 pm
Company Representative - British Airways

Guys, thanks for the posts/PMs.

I'll be looking into these over the next couple of days and will contact you.

Kind regards,

Dilly
Old Jul 7, 2008, 6:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold
Summary of open itineraries on Exec Club page

Hi Dilly

Another one to keep you busy............

It would be very useful to see a summary of all open BA itineraries on the Exec Club page. It would certainly save time trawling around for booking references etc.

Other FF programmes have this facility and it's very useful.

Thanks

Zigzag
Old Jul 7, 2008, 6:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by Agent Zigzag
Hi Dilly

Another one to keep you busy............

It would be very useful to see a summary of all open BA itineraries on the Exec Club page. It would certainly save time trawling around for booking references etc.

Other FF programmes have this facility and it's very useful.

Thanks

Zigzag

Isn't that what clicking on "View or change an existing booking gives you" - confused.com

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.