Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Special Meal (Vegetarian - Lacto) on BA138 in F

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2007, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Silver, Virgin Red, HH Silver, SPG Gold, Priority Pass,

Hi,

Upgraded from J to F for the above flight and considering the above special meal - does anyone know what I'm likely to get?

Cheers,

Sahajesh
Old Nov 8, 2007, 2:16 am

Programs: BA GGL
In my experience, rarely anything that exciting and often a form of pasta/risotto etc. The special meals on BA (or any other airline I have been on) in premium classes are normally not as impressive as the normal catering. I switched recently to ordering the "Asian Vegetarian" meal which is spicy and more appealing for myself, although admittedly normally better ex-LHR. I have also done this on other airlines: SQ's "Indian Vegetarian" in particular has been excellent at times.

Also note that the First menu normally has a "snack" on it which is vegetarian: a simple pasta.
Old Nov 8, 2007, 10:06 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by sahajesh
Upgraded from J to F for the above flight and considering the above special meal - does anyone know what I'm likely to get?
As Irish Lad said, it's likely to be pasta. Mrs Smackie is vegetarian and I've seen the entire litany of pasta dishes that BA offer up as special meals in J and F. Stuffed pasta in a heavy cream/cheese sauce is common. There's also a rice dish (not risotto) that's shown up recently that actually looks fairly good.

If you're flying F tho', I'd ask the crew to check what you have when they come round for the meal order. Don't just settle for the special meal if it's something you're going to hate. They're usually really flexible (given some heads up) and the regular menu pasta dishes are actually fairly good. Mrs Smackie often makes a pretty complete vegetarian meal from the basic menu and inspired vegetable/salad substitutions from the staff.

Scott...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.