Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

United to take over BA T1 lounge when BA go to T5

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2007, 8:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Gold Passport, Tesco clubcard!

I have heard that United will be taking over the BA international airside lounge when BA moves to T5 what does everyone think...
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:29 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
Originally Posted by lhrworker
I have heard that United will be taking over the BA international airside lounge when BA moves to T5 what does everyone think...
Wow - score for UA. What will they do with the spa section?
Old Nov 3, 2007, 11:17 pm

I doubt that they will get all of it as the back area (that backs onto the Arrivals Lounge) counts as the Queens Building, and that is being demolished not long after the switch.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:16 am
gms

Programs: BA Gold / GfL, Hilton Diamond
I hope you really mean that they will take over the lounge when the last remaining BA flights move to T3! Although it wouldn't surprise me if BA just closed the T1 lounge at the end of March!

Does anyone know if Zone R and the existing lounges will remain open through to the end of June when the remaining short-hauls go to T3?

Will the lounges in T3 be ready at the end of June? I doubt it! Are BA putting in place temporary lounges in T3?
Old Nov 4, 2007, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I wonder if it be just a United lounge or will it be along the Lines of the London Lounge in T3 ( SAS and A/C) or will it be 1 dedicated * Alliance lounge. There has been a lot of comments on the United forum about the state of the United RCC's ( to the extent that in T3 they recommend going to the London Lounge and not the United RCC).

Regards

TBS
Old Nov 4, 2007, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by gms
I hope you really mean that they will take over the lounge when the last remaining BA flights move to T3! Although it wouldn't surprise me if BA just closed the T1 lounge at the end of March!

Does anyone know if Zone R and the existing lounges will remain open through to the end of June when the remaining short-hauls go to T3?

Will the lounges in T3 be ready at the end of June? I doubt it! Are BA putting in place temporary lounges in T3?
When BA move to T5 the remaining flights will be checked in at Zone R and departed from the gate 5 area which means that the current Domestic lounge will become the BA lounge. As for the T3 Galleries, BA has no presence in T3 from March and will not move back until late June, that should be enough time to get things sorted, but you know builders.....
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:03 am

Programs: UA 1K, Starwood/Marriott Plat, Others of little note
Originally Posted by lhrworker
I think don't count on much. UA and BA both fly 747s, for example, and look at the differences. A bit more room might be nice but the current UA RCC doesn't seem to get all that crowded (because everybody is in one of several better *A lounges, I guess).
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:43 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi,

I wonder if it be just a United lounge or will it be along the Lines of the London Lounge in T3 ( SAS and A/C) or will it be 1 dedicated * Alliance lounge. There has been a lot of comments on the United forum about the state of the United RCC's ( to the extent that in T3 they recommend going to the London Lounge and not the United RCC).

Regards

TBS
I am pretty sure this is the plan. However, I would watch for the Spa closing as soon as *A moves in.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:44 am

Location: Commuting around the mid-atlantic and rust-belt on any number of RJs
Programs: TSA Random Selectee Platinum, * Gold, SPG/HH/MR mid-tier, and a tiny bag of pretzels.
I really hope (as mentioned above) that's it's more along the lines of the London Lounge rather than the RCC, and yes, I'd be shocked if the spa survives.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:48 am
Moderator, Hertz; FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1MM, BA GGL, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond and others
In my case, I really hope it would be a nice RCC with Spa but I doubt it.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
T1 is to become a star alliance Terminal only, is it not?

Last edited by clubman; Nov 4, 2007 at 11:13 am
Old Nov 4, 2007, 10:56 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by clubman
T1 is to become a start alliance Terminal only, is it not?
Yes. Star Alliance.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by AJLondon
Yes. Star Alliance.
Of course I meant Star Alliance not "start"
Old Nov 4, 2007, 11:22 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Originally Posted by clubman
Of course I meant Star Alliance not "start"
One never assumes on FT.
Old Nov 4, 2007, 11:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by AJLondon
One never assumes on FT.
Quite right. Especially when it comes to AY not having an F cabin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.