OT: New EOS Routes...

Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:35 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Bonvoy Silver; OneWorld Sapphire; Miss Traveling for Work
Originally Posted by Mofomat
But a Boeing 737 BBJ could possibly make STN-LAX, and that would remove the problem of having a large and not very intimate cabin.

Range with 25 passengers 5980nm.

Range with 50 passengers 5510nm.

Strong headwinds in the winter will reduce these figures slightly, but.....

STN-LAX is only 4,744nm.
That's theoretical, not actual. See here for the official Boeing range charts:
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/737...rc_london.html.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Originally Posted by Mofomat
But a Boeing 737 BBJ could possibly make STN-LAX, and that would remove the problem of having a large and not very intimate cabin.

Range with 25 passengers 5980nm.

Range with 50 passengers 5510nm.

Strong headwinds in the winter will reduce these figures slightly, but.....

STN-LAX is only 4,744nm.
Might be pushing the range limits. KL does have a Privatair flight AMS-IAH but that's 447 miles shorter.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:54 pm

Programs: AS MVPG; Bonvoy Silver; OneWorld Sapphire; Miss Traveling for Work
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Might be pushing the range limits. KL does have a Privatair flight AMS-IAH but that's 447 miles shorter.
Yes, for some reason the BBJ (That's the 737 that Privatair runs) has much greater range. The range for a BBJ with 8 passengers would reach LAX with room to spare. The question is what does the load of 48 passengers do?
Old Oct 18, 2007, 1:02 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by whjensen
Yes, for some reason the BBJ (That's the 737 that Privatair runs) has much greater range. The range for a BBJ with 8 passengers would reach LAX with room to spare. The question is what does the load of 48 passengers do?
The BBJ is available with various auxilary fuel tanks so that explains the huge range.

I think a BBJ will be less of a risk than a B762 for EOS.

However, the B762 has crew commonality with the B752, so that has to be a factor.

Maybe EOS could wet lease a BBJ from an airline like Privatair ala KL and LH, but obviously with the EOS interior.
Old Oct 18, 2007, 1:05 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by whjensen
That's theoretical, not actual. See here for the official Boeing range charts:
http://www.boeing.com/commercial/737...rc_london.html.

The BBJ isn't listed in the chart you provided a link to.

The nearest aircraft is the B737-700, but the BBJ has a greater range due to many auxilary fuel tanks which it can be fitted with.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 10:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD Gold, PC Ambassador, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by boazs
And there's also the free iPod...
And luckily my budget meetings next week just got moved to NY from London. ^ ^
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:36 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Eos has announced it is to launch a service to Dubai, in addition to Newark.

Silverjet shares went down again after this announcement (now around 20p) and the news The Reuben brothers had abandoned their plan to convert a Ł10m loan into an equity stake in the group.

Originally Posted by Eos
PURCHASE, N.Y., Febuary 11, 2008 — Eos, the “Uncrowded, Uncompromising” choice for travel between New York and London today announced that it is expanding its schedule and route network with daily service between London’s Stansted Airport and Dubai International Airport starting on July 6, 2008. Eos will also enhance its existing service to the New York/New Jersey metropolitan area with the launch of service between New Jersey’s Newark International Airport and London’s Stansted Airport effective May 5th. Eos will begin issuing tickets for travel between Newark and London starting mid-February and will begin issuing tickets for travel between London and Dubai in March.

With Stansted’s easy access to London’s financial district, the City, and industry leading on-time operations, Eos’ new service will be the most convenient option between Dubai and London for business travelers, and the only option that offers an uncrowded end-to-end “Eos Class” travel experience.

“Our community includes many Guests and investors from the Gulf region who feel that Dubai and Eos are a perfect fit. UAE consumers appreciate products and services of the highest quality and we’ve created a travel experience that authentically reflects their lifestyle, an extension of the way they want to live while flying,” said Jack Williams, Eos’ President & CEO. “In addition, our corporate and leisure travelers based in New Jersey have told us they are eagerly anticipating our route between Newark and London Stansted.”

http://www.eosairlines.com/flyeos/ov.../pressRoom.jsf
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:42 pm

Programs: Tesco Blue, Library Card
Great news, good luck to them.

Just come back from a round-trip to JFK and I can't fault them in any way. ^
Old Feb 12, 2008, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Silverjet can't be long for this world now....
Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:35 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
Silverjet can't be long for this world now....
Oh shut up!!! I'm taking the girlfriend for a Valentines weekend to Dubai on Friday

Could soon be ex-girlfriend if Silverjet go bust before then...

Cheers,
Rick
Old Feb 12, 2008, 4:50 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
Oh shut up!!! I'm taking the girlfriend for a Valentines weekend to Dubai on Friday

Could soon be ex-girlfriend if Silverjet go bust before then...

Cheers,
Rick
Well at least you still get the Silver heart from Links to give her!

I always think Silverjet's strategy is not good by not offering flat beds. EOS is definitely the leader in the all-business airline
Old Feb 13, 2008, 2:54 am

Actually Silverjet does have flat beds, just angled ones which are crap. EOS on the other hand have IMO the best business class hard product in the world, very close to First. The only thing I could find fault with was the fact that the seat had no in seat entertainment and we had to use portable ones which I felt was a bit clumsy to deal with and made working on a laptop and watching a movie simultaneously difficult.
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:38 am

Programs: BA GGL, CCR, LTG
Originally Posted by B-HQC
Actually Silverjet does have flat beds, just angled ones which are crap. EOS on the other hand have IMO the best business class hard product in the world, very close to First. The only thing I could find fault with was the fact that the seat had no in seat entertainment and we had to use portable ones which I felt was a bit clumsy to deal with and made working on a laptop and watching a movie simultaneously difficult.
Watching a laptop and a movie simultaneously? Are you really female? That sounds awfully like multi tasking to me!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by brentford77
Watching a laptop and a movie simultaneously? Are you really female? That sounds awfully like multi tasking to me!
Female!? Where did you get that from?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.