Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club still on Jersey flights or not?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2007, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Club still on Jersey flights or not?

Pricing up a Jersey in Club Europe this morning, I was rather confused as to whether it is still offered or not?

During booking when selecting flights, the class of travel reads "Domestic". Under the definition of "Domestic" it simply says Economy as we all know as per a trip to EDI or GLA, etc.

However on the final booking page the words Club (Business) appear.

So do they or do they not any longer?!?!?!?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 4:04 am

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Yes, CE still operates to Jersey........ And it is often VERY busy in Club... I have seen it back to at least row 8/9.......
Old Oct 14, 2007, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Concorde Room card, KLM Silver, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, UA Premier Silver
Originally Posted by Skipcool3
Yes, CE still operates to Jersey........ And it is often VERY busy in Club... I have seen it back to at least row 8/9.......
Thought so...just checking...BA.com issues again then. Duh!
Old Oct 14, 2007, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by flyclub
Thought so...just checking...BA.com issues again then. Duh!
Might be because the fare codes are actually domestic fare codes - I think D is something like DDOMCBA as opposed to DEUCBA or whatever.........maybe this is what is confusing the system.
Old Oct 14, 2007, 3:40 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Club is the oddity of the BA network. Due to the type of people who live in JER, BA do well with their J product -I've seen there being more in Club than in Chaveller!
Old Oct 14, 2007, 4:13 pm

Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
The type of people who live in Jersey were still not able to persuade BA to keep flying out of LHR despite the high club loads....
I first flew from JER to LHR in 1988(!) on a BAC1-11-500(!) and Club was back to row 8!!!
Earlier this year I was waiting to get off a flight from Italy at LGW and heard th C/crew discussing the fact that the aircraft (737) was on turnaround to JER and had over 50 in club to serve on the 35 min flight!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.