I thought she fits in well ex-LGW!
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:05 pm

There's a reason why our cabin crew go through over 1200 hours of training

Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Nice campaign spot.

See PamAnn got the coffee gag in there.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:15 pm

I wonder how much she got paid for doing that!

Provided a good giggle on a boring Thursday night anyway...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 3:31 pm
Suspended

Interesting to see BA embracing the Pam Ann phenomenon so professionally; must have cost a fair bit, but I like the injection of humour she brings.

Will be an interesting no doubt viral campaign to recruit a younger, more dynamic (and no doubt much cheaper) crew.

Nothing beats the professionalism of experienced crewmembers, but there's nothing wrong with a few Mark's or Oliver's to freshen up an otherwise dull Friday night trip home after a long week in some far flung regional hellhole.
Old Oct 4, 2007, 8:40 pm

Am I the only one who doesn't find this funny any more? I mean it was funny the first time I saw it under the influence of "specially selected for british airways" miniatures (not mine I hasten to add) in a dodgy nightclub 5 years ago... but seen one seen em all i'm afraid...
Old Oct 4, 2007, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by krug
Interesting to see BA embracing the Pam Ann phenomenon so professionally; must have cost a fair bit, but I like the injection of humour she brings.
I agree. It certainly takes (or attempts to) away that 'stuffy' attitude that many people perceive BA to have.

Originally Posted by koksy
Am I the only one who doesn't find this funny any more?
So far in this thread..Yes

Last edited by latitude; Oct 5, 2007 at 12:58 am
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:26 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by koksy
Am I the only one who doesn't find this funny any more?...
Table for one, sir?

Originally Posted by latitude
I agree. It certainly takes (or attempts to) away that 'stuffy' attitude that many people perceive BA to have.
It does suggest BA will be spending quite a bit focussing on recruitment and staff training in the coming year. With European routes allowing a "fresh start" in many ways, I am pleased to see this more approachable side the company coming out in promotions like this, the new "Sydney" advert and thecartoon safety briefing.

It does wrankle a little that money is spent in PR and not in actually quickly resolving the many customer service issues reported on here, simple things like properly manning the lost bags callcentre 24/7, but I suppose training vids like this will lay a solid foundation for the future, and attract and retain the right people at BA.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:40 am

I was waiting for touch trolley, touch galley
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:56 am

Hmmm, honestly I thought it would be a good bit funnier. Whilst amusing, I think it drags a little and isn't nearly as snappy and quick as Pam's stage show. Of course the steward's performance is superb (good mate of mine )!
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:59 am

Programs: SQ-PPS+8, BA-Mucci Diamente, Mucci Siegneur des Bains Chauds
I quite like the tall young steward I wonder which routes I could fly him on
Old Oct 5, 2007, 1:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by krug

It does wrankle a little that money is spent in PR and not in actually quickly resolving the many customer service issues reported on here, simple things like properly manning the lost bags callcentre 24/7, but I suppose training vids like this will lay a solid foundation for the future, and attract and retain the right people at BA.
BA already has a good brand recognition within its market space. It does make much more sense to drip feed any spare cash into other "less performing" areas of the business such as CS and training. I can imagine that BA has quite a high attrition rate within crews, proactive training and motivation will reduce this and thus associated costs. In addition investing in CS and customer retention should in itself increase revenue.

THEN, they should spend more money to attract new customers
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I found it quite good in bits. A good effort overall.

Regards

TBS
Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
A good effort overall
Sounds like the school report I always strived for but never achieved!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.