Best Food on CE

Old Apr 26, 2009, 11:09 am

Programs: BAEC GfL;LH M&M FQTV ; SPG Gold ; A-Club Gold;HHonnors Diamond
Originally Posted by ettrich
Getting really fed up with BA`s poor Afternoon Tea in CE, I decided to give a special meal request a try, I chose KOSHER (remembering this thread!).
To be a little careful I actually just had chosen it for the CE sector VIE-LHR, while staying with the standard meal for LHR-GRU.

CE:Entering the plane, already greeted by the (fantastic) CSD "Hello Mr Ettrich, I have already seen your special meal"And what a meal.I have never seen anything like that in Club Europe:
big hot pancake filled with vegetables, kind of salad, giant really tasteful, soft chicken breast, but more the size of a turkey! continued with a (not so tasteful) cake, actually 2-3 piecs of it, 1 chocolate praline and a cocos sweet.
I was really impressed! Remember, normal choice was mediocre Afternoon Tea (Nevertheless I couldn`t resist to try one scone too)
Almost exploding I arrived at LHR.

After 6hours(thanks to the terminal change of VIE flights from T5 to T3 resulting to be rebooked to the earlier VIE-LHR flight because of not having enough transfer time at LHR) at LHR I was ready to dine again.

To my surprise (as definately just for the first sector preordered) a KOSHER meal was waiting for me again.....
And another highlight up in the sky:
Starter: fish, kind of giant ball of smoked salmon , inside tuna.at least another two smoked fishes.Main Course: Lamb Tornedo, 2 big pieces, potatos,
vegetables.Nice chocolate cake
Scallops,salad, chocolate crunch and Lily O`Brien pralines I received from the normal menu.What a dinner!

Waking up in the morning another giant tray was waiting for me: my Kosher breakfast:Being still very full I gave it just a try:
strawberry joghurt, grapefruit compote, matzos, selection of cheese, extra cream cheese, kosher butter from US and a kind of mixture of omlette and Quiche with mushrooms.

my verdict: if you are enough of normal airline food and if you are really hungry order this splendid kosher food, it is a lot better than the normal one, at least in Club Europe and Club World.
(It is produced by a company in Wimbledon, I forgot the name)

Does anybody have experience with Kosher meals in First and WT+/WT ?

Kind regards,

ettrich
to add to my last post:
WARNING of KOSHER food in Club World ex GRU (Sao Paulo):
very small size, almost less than in WT, starter: 2 small sliced rolls of beef sausage, main course (ok,but medicore):sliced beef pieces (more cookedthan grilled) with white rice and some vegetables.no sign of a dessert?In any way, I took
standard starter, kosher main course, standard dessert and cheese.
In general, catering ex GRU is terrible, doesn't matter the class travelling.

Shorthaul LHR-VIE at 9:55
Kosher food okay, hot omlette cake with vegetables, cake, 2 packed swiss
creme cheeses, grapefruit compote, joghurt.
Standard food offering was hot english breakfast (I thought around 10am it changes to an extended continental breakfast with cold cuts?But maybe the flight departed just 5 minutes to early.)

and I found a link for the provider of Kosher food in Wimbledon: HERMOLIS
http://www.hermolis.com/airlines.htm

kind regards,

ettrich

Last edited by ettrich; Apr 26, 2009 at 11:11 am Reason: mistakes

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.