Taking the F PJs is stealing...

Old Aug 26, 07, 1:27 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Taking the F PJs is stealing...

...if you believe the package labeling (backside) which says "IMPORTANT INTENDED ONLY FOR USE ON THE AIRCRAFT"...

...and some of our "police" representatives:

Originally Posted by Dave_C View Post
I believe that would be theft:

* Dishonestly
* Appropriates
* Property
* Belonging to another
* With the intention of permanently depriving them of it.

Seems to meet all five points to me.
Old Aug 26, 07, 1:33 am

You should have posted that in the thread in which Dave_C made the comment. Looks a bit childish otherwise.
Old Aug 26, 07, 2:42 am

Programs: F
Originally Posted by Highland Spring View Post
...if you believe the package labeling (backside) which says "IMPORTANT INTENDED ONLY FOR USE ON THE AIRCRAFT"...
I do believe the package labeling. I do believe that I should not wander off through customs and immigration still wearing them.
Old Aug 26, 07, 2:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

Crikey! So the wearing of First PJ's in Club is officially endorsed by the airline. Of course, it is good form to pop them in the washing machine beforehand and run a 40C cycle, as the label clearly advises
Old Aug 26, 07, 3:00 am

Utter claptrap. I have often been asked if I would like a wrapped one to take away if I don't want to use them (usually on day flights).

Edit: Just saw who the OP is, shouldn't have taken seriously!
Old Aug 26, 07, 3:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, ICC Amb Plat, LH Freq Fly, Hilton Diamond
The airline also doesn't use them again they just get thrown away so they are actually more than happy for you to take them.

I actually often reuse my BA PJs to avoid wasting yet another pair but if I do use them I take them so someone can get the benefit rather than have them thrown away.
Old Aug 26, 07, 4:16 am

We would rather you take them and put them to what ever uses you wish. It is one less thing to clean up in the First Cabin. There is a reason that they have the logo on them, and that is for you to go out there and be a little advert every time you wear them, and they do just get thrown away if you leave them.

I think the packaging is a disclaimer to stop people claiming that they are not up to being used as a track suit or as day wear!
Old Aug 26, 07, 4:35 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Carbon Conscious Travel

Originally Posted by adrianjc32 View Post
I think the packaging is a disclaimer to stop people claiming that they are not up to being used as a track suit or as day wear!
Or in my case, running across the room with a paint brush in hand - the most inopportune moment possible for the left foot to get snagged by the trouser leg. Whoopsie-daisy and falling flat on my face.

No big deal, everything cleared up nicely but there was a chilling moment as I thought I'd have to sand the floors next.
Old Aug 26, 07, 4:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Crikey! So the wearing of First PJ's in Club is officially endorsed by the airline.
Old Aug 26, 07, 4:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by The Saint View Post
You should have posted that in the thread in which Dave_C made the comment. Looks a bit childish otherwise.
Well said ^

Still the OP is thought of as a bit of a troll round here
Old Aug 26, 07, 6:24 am

Programs: BA EC Gold
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl View Post
Still the OP is thought of as a bit of a troll round here
Hear, hear.

Well, to be honest, the OP is doing him/herself no favours by starting a thread with the sole purpose of trying to make a long-time and respected poster look bad.

Childish, indeed.

Isn't there a bridge somewhere that's missing a troll?
Old Aug 26, 07, 5:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM, HGP
Originally Posted by adrianjc32 View Post
We would rather you take them and put them to what ever uses you wish. It is one less thing to clean up in the First Cabin. There is a reason that they have the logo on them, and that is for you to go out there and be a little advert every time you wear them, and they do just get thrown away if you leave them.
Interesting point e.g. does that mean BA would rather deplaning WT & WT+ pax pick up the unused portions of amenity kits as they pass thru the premium cabins?
Old Aug 26, 07, 6:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by Prospero View Post
Or in my case, running across the room with a paint brush in hand - the most inopportune moment possible for the left foot to get snagged by the trouser leg. Whoopsie-daisy and falling flat on my face.

No big deal, everything cleared up nicely but there was a chilling moment as I thought I'd have to sand the floors next.
Shouldn't you be asking about compensation... no-one has reported a warning not to run while wearing them?

(you could have been carrying scissors afterall - think of the children! )
Old Aug 27, 07, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by oiRRio View Post
Interesting point e.g. does that mean BA would rather deplaning WT & WT+ pax pick up the unused portions of amenity kits as they pass thru the premium cabins?
Not really, as the wash bags, left in seats whether they've been used or not, are collected by the crew for recycling.
Old Aug 27, 07, 6:06 am

Programs: BA; Marriott; HH Gold,
can a moderator not merge the two threads

Search this Thread
Search Engine: