Arrival delays at LAX

Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
Arrival delays at LAX

There seem to be long arrival delays at LAX. We are stuck on a plane here on the tarnac and being told we won't be allowed off for two hours (!) as there is a "shortage of customs officers". Apparently the earleir BA flight took as long to get released. Doesn't seem to be anything on the news - at least my wifi is working though
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Silver & Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fritz
Doesn't seem to be anything on the news - at least my wifi is working though

Looking forward to the Sunday papers.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:31 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
Been reported on LH forum also. Makes sense - LH uses the same terminal as BA at LAX.

Difference is the/a LH flight is being told immigration computers are down.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 5:40 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club (lowly Blue but with MUCCI, apparently)
The gates at LAX are sufficient to hold the passengers from a flight or two. If it's just a matter of the immigration computers being down, I don't see why they can't let you off the plane and put immigration officers in place to stop you from entering the baggage hall.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 6:27 pm
Moderator, Hilton Honors

Programs: some
I'm pretty sure TBIT has more than just 1 or 2 flights.
Old Aug 11, 2007, 6:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci Platinum Hairbrush des Bonnes Nouvelles. BA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, AA LTS, KL LTPt, Easy Flight Club
we're still on the plane (2.45hrs so far) and there is an LH plane now pulled in next door. Apparently there were 7 planes waiting when we landed at 3pm. We are now also being told it is a computer issue.....
Old Aug 11, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Flew in On Friday and although there were no excessive delays (for LAX) the US Customs took longer than usual.

Regards

John
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:05 pm

It's a Saturday thing

I come into LAX fairly frequently (although I avoid it whenever I can...) and the delays are always terrible on a Saturday. I've been kept on the plane for a couple of hours when arriving on both LH and BA

The Virgin flights come into a different terminal and arrivals never seem to be as bad.

I hate LAX
Old Aug 11, 2007, 10:27 pm

Programs: AAdv GLD(MM), QF LTS, UA MP_nada, HH Gld, SPG, GoldenCircle Jade
actually it was reported today that comms were down at lax and all planes were being diverted to ONT - probably why you were stuck. It's not just normal congestion at TBIT.

http://twittermail.com/tweets/twit/MTc1MDE

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.