Wiki Posts
Search

LGW longhaul routes leaked!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver / Hyatt gold
LGW longhaul routes leaked!

Sorry if its been posted before........but here are the longhaul routes for LGW after the open skies comes into effect.

Bermuda, Antigua, Grenada, St Lucia, Tobago.

ALL other L/H flights will be moved to LHR. (expect POS to be dropped).

767 fleet to operate the LGW flights (as I posted some time ago).
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
I've not seen this so thanks!

Surprised that BDA loses F, and I guess with no more routes with F we'll see the F lounge go too
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Gatwickba
Sorry if its been posted before........but here are the longhaul routes for LGW after the open skies comes into effect.

Bermuda, Antigua, Grenada, St Lucia, Tobago.

ALL other L/H flights will be moved to LHR. (expect POS to be dropped).

767 fleet to operate the LGW flights (as I posted some time ago).
Wow. That's a scoop. What about TPA and MCO? Are they being scrapped or moved to LHR?

And what a drop in capacity this will mean for BDA and the Caribbean, assuming the frequency stays roughly the same.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 12:44 pm
Original Poster

The TPA / MCO are shifting up to LHR, will be interesting to see if there will ever be a BA 747 back in MCO. The only route missing from my list is POS,
No mention at all, cant quite recall what the time period was for BA to operate this service for Caribbean Airlines.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:04 pm

Programs: Not much these days: BA Silver, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold, HH Gold
Very surprised if BDA loses F - also expected it to be a move to LHR since it's the easiest way for people from mainland Europe to get to BDA...
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
It makes sense that BGI moves to LHR - FIRST is often full.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tom139
It makes sense that BGI moves to LHR - FIRST is often full.
I wonder does this mean that we will have 747's to BGI and an upperdeck option at last?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
And what about KIN bearing in mind that VS will take over JM's routes to Jamaica but operate them from LGW instead of LHR?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:27 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Originally Posted by Earthman
I wonder does this mean that we will have 747's to BGI and an upperdeck option at last?
I hope so!!!! When does Open Skies come into effect btw?
Old Aug 5, 2007, 1:37 pm

The plan is that the changes will fit into the move into T5. The extra space left by Bmed has allowed a few more flights. I would have thought that as LGW is doing a really good job on these routes (going by the GPM) that the wisest option would have been a little spare capacity in T5 (just in case), but the accountants have obviously won out!
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
And what about KIN bearing in mind that VS will take over JM's routes to Jamaica but operate them from LGW instead of LHR?

KIN, TPA, MCO, BGI all up to LHR. (plus the ATL, DFW, IAH that we knew anyway)
BDA, ANU, GND, UVF, TAB all stay at LGW.

But we all know how often BA changes the plan. 2 months ago they were going to drop the MAN-JFK, but seems that will stay as it is after March, no desperate need for the hull now they can move some more flights up to T5.

Will keep posting as I find out more.

Last edited by Gatwickba; Aug 5, 2007 at 3:57 pm
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:04 pm

Wink

Gatwickba how come you know this???? I really find it hard to believe, priv mess me if you don't want to reveal you source!
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by flyme69
Gatwickba how come you know this???? I really find it hard to believe, priv mess me if you don't want to reveal you source!
GatwickBA has been a very reliable source here on FT and I hardly think a new member with exactly one post can ask this question!

Welcome to FT Flyme69 anyway.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:27 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I once heard there was very heavy corporate pressure from a major company to keep the ATL route at LGW as their US office was in ATL and the UK office was very near LGW, near Brighton I think.
I wonder if that was true and how much infuence one company could have (even if it is a major corporation)...guess not enough if the route moves to LHR! Plus they could just use DL anyway so I guess it doesn't hold true...
Old Aug 5, 2007, 2:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
WesternGeco will also not be too pleased. They are a major player in the seismic Oil&Gas exploration business. Their main locations are IAH and LGW (literally 5 mins walk from the terminal). They used to be a major CO player but had a route deal with BA too for IAH-LGW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.