Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA may Switch DFW to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Jun 27, 2007, 10:55 am

Programs: BAEC redundant Bronze, AAdvantage Lifetime PLT, CO, WN, B6
Originally Posted by spanishflea
Yup. No reason for them to keep the IAH stop on the DTW flight once the LGW services switch.

It is only there to provide a seemless continuation of service to Club passengers routing from IAH to LOS and other oil orientated destinations.
My reading of the Press Release is it's a ambiguous - I think you can read it both as they're switching the two flights from LGW to LHR, and you can read it as there will be just two flights from IAH-LHR. I haven't used the route enough yet to comment on the loads, but I doubt BA will happily leave a lot of J & F passengers in the hands of CO, so presumably they have the option of running 3 LHR flights or switching some (back?) to 747's which they were no longer able to do from LGW.

As for DFW, I personally hope the flight will now leave a little later to a) avoid some of the morning mess in LHR and b) be better timed for sleep!
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:09 am

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
Originally Posted by bernardd
My reading of the Press Release is it's a ambiguous - I think you can read it both as they're switching the two flights from LGW to LHR, and you can read it as there will be just two flights from IAH-LHR. I haven't used the route enough yet to comment on the loads, but I doubt BA will happily leave a lot of J & F passengers in the hands of CO, so presumably they have the option of running 3 LHR flights or switching some (back?) to 747's which they were no longer able to do from LGW.

As for DFW, I personally hope the flight will now leave a little later to a) avoid some of the morning mess in LHR and b) be better timed for sleep!
I cannot believe BA goes out at 4.20pm from DFW; transit through IAH, we have a 7.30pm flight.

You won't get the AA miles back to AUS, but the times are so much better (1.30pm dep from LGW as well)
Old Jun 27, 2007, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So, does that mean that ATL, TPA and MCO stay at LGW? Or are they all on the chopping block?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter
So, does that mean that ATL, TPA and MCO stay at LGW? Or are they all on the chopping block?
In the various recent press releases DFW and IAH were clearly stated to be moved, whilst ATL was mentioned in such a way as to suggest that they wanted to move it, but would only do so if they could squeeze it in.

TPA, MCO, and the Carribean are to remain, with the latest rumour seeing them operated by 767s.

As ATL is being experimented with a 3 class 777 atm, a downgrade to a 767 from LGW isn't out of the question I suppose?
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by spanishflea
In the various recent press releases DFW and IAH were clearly stated to be moved, whilst ATL was mentioned in such a way as to suggest that they wanted to move it, but would only do so if they could squeeze it in.

TPA, MCO, and the Carribean are to remain, with the latest rumour seeing them operated by 767s.

As ATL is being experimented with a 3 class 777 atm, a downgrade to a 767 from LGW isn't out of the question I suppose?
Thanks, very helpful summary! I'd missed the bit about the 767 fleet.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by ElkeNorEast
I cannot believe BA goes out at 4.20pm from DFW; transit through IAH, we have a 7.30pm flight.

You won't get the AA miles back to AUS, but the times are so much better (1.30pm dep from LGW as well)

Yep, I found it hard to believe they leave so early, so I'm declining the opportunity to earn AA miles and using the simple CO AUS-IAH to connect with the later IAH-LGW.

The BIG PITA is I haven't figured a way to buy this on ba.com - they'll only sell me AUS-DFW-LGW or AUS-ORD-LHR, which leaves me open to ticketing problems if the AUS-IAH or LGW-IAH sectors get badly delayed. If anyone knows a way round that I'd love to hear it! Come on BA - I know you're in an alliance but it only works if the schedules work, and I do believe you have an e-ticket arrangement with CO so it can't be that difficult.

Before I forget - yes, I know I can buy the tickets over the phone, but then I pay more fees, and can't partake of most of the discounts because they seem to be for on-line purchases only.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 12:36 pm

Programs: CO Gold Elite, BA Blue, for the moment - Hyatt Gold Passport, Priority Club, Marriott etc etc
Originally Posted by bernardd
Yep, I found it hard to believe they leave so early, so I'm declining the opportunity to earn AA miles and using the simple CO AUS-IAH to connect with the later IAH-LGW.

The BIG PITA is I haven't figured a way to buy this on ba.com - they'll only sell me AUS-DFW-LGW or AUS-ORD-LHR, which leaves me open to ticketing problems if the AUS-IAH or LGW-IAH sectors get badly delayed. If anyone knows a way round that I'd love to hear it! Come on BA - I know you're in an alliance but it only works if the schedules work, and I do believe you have an e-ticket arrangement with CO so it can't be that difficult.

Before I forget - yes, I know I can buy the tickets over the phone, but then I pay more fees, and can't partake of most of the discounts because they seem to be for on-line purchases only.
AFAIK, Continental doesn't charge any booking fees for telephone reservations, and they will happily book you on BA as long as part of your journey is on Continental.

Can't help with the online only purchase thingy, though
Old Jun 27, 2007, 2:51 pm
jhm

Received earlier from BA this evening:

Dear Customer,

We regret to inform you that

- Flight BA2192 on 26 April has been cancelled. We have tried to find the best alternative service, and have re-booked you accordingly.

[...]

--------------
FLIGHT CHANGES
--------------

***The following flight has been cancelled***
Flight Number: BA2192
To: Gatwick (London)
Depart: 26 Apr 2008 16:20
Arrive: 27 Apr 2008 07:20

*** You have been re-booked onto this flight ***
Flight Number: BA0192
To: Heathrow (London)
Depart: 26 Apr 2008 18:25
Arrive: 27 Apr 2008 09:30
Old Jun 27, 2007, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by jhm
Received earlier from BA this evening:
Thanks for the good news - 18:25 instead of 16:20 sounds like two hours of extra sleep to me! Yipee! I can go back to connecting in DFW.

Slightly OT - I'm amazed you have a reservation that far out - I'm lucky if I know where I'm going to be a month from now!
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:20 am

Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Well looks like BA got it wish. Here's what happens when you try and book an LGW-DFW flight after 30 March 2008:
We do not operate a direct service from Gatwick (London) to Dallas Fort Worth (Dallas).
Also now a news item from AskBAngalore.com

https://lfn.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/lfn...i=&p_topview=1

Dallas and Houston services to move to Heathrow - Summer 2008
Summary
Following the announcement that British Airways is to transfer its Dallas and Houston flights from London Gatwick to London Heathrow from the beginning of the Summer 2008 schedule, the following policy has been issued for passengers due to travel on affected services.

Customers will be re-accommodated onto the services operating from Heathrow.

In addition, due to the move of the Dallas and Houston services to Heathrow, the Detroit-Houston-Detroit sector of the London Heathrow to Houston service will cease operation. Customers booked on these sectors will be re-accommodated onto the nearest available Heathrow - Houston direct service.
Old Jun 28, 2007, 6:56 am
jhm

Originally Posted by LHR Tim
Well looks like BA got it wish. Here's what happens when you try and book an LGW-DFW flight after 30 March 2008:
Probably why they replaced my DFW-LGW flight with DFW-LHR as mentioned above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.