Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Problems with Finnair flights posting to BA EC account?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Problems with Finnair flights posting to BA EC account?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:35 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
I had a TP-run flight with AY in December, just a few days before my membership year ended. Flights did not register, I called BA and they said I must wait seven days before claiming points/miles. In fact, they said that the computer system wouldn't even allow for claims if the flight was less than 7 days.

Ok, so after 7 days I claimed the points/miles online. Two days later I called BA again and a very helpful lady said that the flights were approved and would show up on my statement within a day. And so they did ^

Normally I'm more patient but this was just two weeks before a long-haul via LHR and I really wanted my gold status to be processed and ready.
Old May 11, 2009, 7:23 am

Programs: BA Gold, BD *S, VS Gold, AFKL Petro Club
So I flew AY VNO-HEL-ARN at the beginning of April, all on the same ticket number.
Neither flight posted, so I submitted a miles claim online, one for each leg. Two weeks later, I get an email saying the VNO-HEL leg was approved (miles & TPs posted), but the HEL-ARN leg was rejected:
"This journey has already been
claimed and any eligible BA Miles and Tier Points have
already been awarded to your account."

I finally got around to digging up the ticket number again to resubmit a claim for HEL-ARN, but it's rejected the second I hit 'submit', citing "Your claim can not be submitted as a similar is already rejected by the partner".

What should I do now?
Old May 11, 2009, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK E, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by Echo J
So I flew AY VNO-HEL-ARN at the beginning of April, all on the same ticket number.
Neither flight posted, so I submitted a miles claim online, one for each leg. Two weeks later, I get an email saying the VNO-HEL leg was approved (miles & TPs posted), but the HEL-ARN leg was rejected:
"This journey has already been
claimed and any eligible BA Miles and Tier Points have
already been awarded to your account."

I finally got around to digging up the ticket number again to resubmit a claim for HEL-ARN, but it's rejected the second I hit 'submit', citing "Your claim can not be submitted as a similar is already rejected by the partner".

What should I do now?
Me and Mrs Anselmi had exactly the same problem with our ARN-HEL flight. Haven't called yet to BAEC so miles and TPs are waiting to be posted.

Must be something to do with Finnish-Swedish relations
Old May 11, 2009, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, Bonvoy Plat
Originally Posted by Anselmi
Me and Mrs Anselmi had exactly the same problem with our ARN-HEL flight. Haven't called yet to BAEC so miles and TPs are waiting to be posted.

Must be something to do with Finnish-Swedish relations
I had a very similar situation, outbound posted but inbound not. Claimed for inbound but rejected as Echo J pointed out.

I called BAEC five minutes ago, was asked the ticket numbers and the agent said she will send the information to London again for correction. We shall see...
Old May 11, 2009, 11:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I'm still waiting for my Business class HEL-HKG-HEL-ARN-LHR flights to post also ( the LHR-HEL legposted quite quickly) -now close to a month since the flghts but I will give it a little while longer before claiming.

Regards

TBS
Old May 11, 2009, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Echo J

What should I do now?
Re-submit the claim, with ticket number 125-1234567890

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.