Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Problems with Finnair flights posting to BA EC account?

Problems with Finnair flights posting to BA EC account?

Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by frankvb
I've just had my backlog of 4 online claimed AY flights approved, and the miles are already in my BAEC account First claim was done on 29 December, so it took almost 7 weeks to clear. Hopefully Finnair has now finally got the system working, I'll find out next week, when taking another AY flight on Monday.
None of my January flights posted automatically. They are averaging a month, and several follow-up calls/emails, to approve. Longest was 6 weeks.

At least it's not as bad as MA.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cressers
If you ever had a Finnair Plus account, they may have posted
there.

I had some issues with this, even with the BAEC number on the BP.
I have had a similar problem even though i have NEVER had a Finnair Plus account, I guess someone with a similar name may have one, but in that case what is the point of entering your FF details in the booking if AY feel free to override this?
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:31 am

Location: SCL, MCT, LGW and a variety of 1W lounges in between.
Programs: BA Mucci (Seigneur et Ingenieur des Appareils Volants (Gold)), QF (WP and LTG), AA EXP, GF Gold
AA have a hijack system too which can override my QF number if I am not careful. I paid cash at a ticket desk for a ticket, never mentioned my AA number, gave the QF card over and when I tried to get the elite seating at the front of Y then they told me I was not eligible as my AA account was not elite!

IB have a horrible record of assuming that the QF designator is QA which really screws you over. As for LAN, well nothing has posted when on an LA flight but when operated by LA but under AA codeshare then those post fine.
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:45 am

My g/f has had many claims from AY approved and had them appear on her statement within 48-36 hours. Her last flights (23/24 Jan) have just appeared on her statement today.
Old May 12, 2008, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It appears that miles from AY coded flights are still not posting. 2 flights from 6 days ago, and neither have posted. Anyone else having more luck?

Or is it an AY/MA conspiracy to prevent miles awarding to BAEC members?
Old May 12, 2008, 6:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
My January flights also did not post. After a week I submitted my "claim" online with ba.com and the flights then posted within 48 hours.

Annoying though that one has to chase this up ...
Old May 12, 2008, 7:09 am

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, LH Sen, EK & VS Gold, Amex Cent
I tend to find that if you just leave it they post after 8 weeks. But what I do (and has always worked so far) is if they don't post after a week (the current criteria on the BA website), then submit online with the ETKT number, and I have always had them approved within 24hrs. Remember, even the 30min flights within Finland, on a Y,B,H ticket (on AY metal) get you 20 tier points so its worth submitting.....
Old May 12, 2008, 7:26 am

Programs: AA EXP/5 MM, BA Blue Bayou, HH LT Diamond
Originally Posted by YClass
I tend to find that if you just leave it they post after 8 weeks. But what I do (and has always worked so far) is if they don't post after a week (the current criteria on the BA website), then submit online with the ETKT number, and I have always had them approved within 24hrs. Remember, even the 30min flights within Finland, on a Y,B,H ticket (on AY metal) get you 20 tier points so its worth submitting.....
Agreed- use the online request and it will post in a day or so.
Old May 14, 2008, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pauleeepaul
Agreed- use the online request and it will post in a day or so.
What's wrong with these half-wit "partner" airlines. AY flights used to post in 2-3 days, regular as clockwork.

My latest 4 AY flights from last week again failed to post. Fortunately the online claim works for AY - the first missing miles claim submitted at 0700 yesterday, showed up as "approved" in "where is my partner claim" 6-7 hours later, and the miles posted this afternoon.

I guess it is all relative. MA flights don't post either, and then they think up a thousand reasons why you aren't going to get the miles/TPs when you try and claim them. Half wits.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
I don't know what you guys do different.
Have the same problem with non-posting AY flights.
Put in a online request about 2 weeks ago - and still no posting of the miles or the TP. Any hints how to speed up the process ?
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheAirman
Put in a online request about 2 weeks ago - and still no posting of the miles or the TP. Any hints how to speed up the process ?
If you put in an online claim go and have a look at the Why Are Partner Airlines So Useless page

Firstly, does the claim show there at all? If not, the claim didn't even register. If it does show, does the status show as "Submitted", "Approved" or "Rejected"?

Submitted - You need to call BAEC and shout at them and find out why it isn't approved yet.

Approved - You need to call BAEC and shout at them and ask why the miles/TPs didn't post yet

Rejected - You just to shout at someone. Anyone.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by TheAirman
Recnet flights with AY have eventually posted for me, but it has taken around 3 weeks for them to do so. No online claim needed, just a lot of patience!
Old Jan 13, 2009, 7:47 am

Programs: *A Gold, OWE
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
If you put in an online claim go and have a look at the Why Are Partner Airlines So Useless page

Firstly, does the claim show there at all? If not, the claim didn't even register. If it does show, does the status show as "Submitted", "Approved" or "Rejected"?

Submitted - You need to call BAEC and shout at them and find out why it isn't approved yet.

Approved - You need to call BAEC and shout at them and ask why the miles/TPs didn't post yet

Rejected - You just to shout at someone. Anyone.
Thanks, well they still show as submitted on Jan. 2. So I guess i got to call BAEC and shout at someone.
Old Jan 13, 2009, 8:40 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
My AY claims also show "submitted" since 30 Dec 08 and nothing happens. This is unlike the previous experience when AY flights either posted without a problem or then within 2 days after submitting the claim. Looks to me a bit like a general problem, perhaps the AY staff handling claims is on leave ...
Old Jan 14, 2009, 11:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
... mine posted today, 4 weeks after flying and 2 weeks after claiming them. Maybe posting on FT yesterday helped

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.