Middle Club World

Old Jun 21, 2007, 1:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Gold.
Originally Posted by mwalsh
Oh, I get it. So how about an answer to the question.

Without getting too technical it depends on your inside leg measurement and how far you can stretch against how high the obstacle is. From pratical experience I can never climb over someone without hitting their legs either through intoxication or being vertically challenged. Actually they both go hand in hand!!

Aero Safety
Old Jul 13, 2007, 12:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuanLum
"... the exception being the pair at the rear of the cabin, where you can walk between the next seat and the bulkhead. They are good seats for a day flight when you are travelling with a friend, you can drink together and giggle and feel like you are in you own private little world with the screens up between your seats and the aisle seats... then easily nip to the loo without disturbing anyone."

Unless I'm mistaken 20E,on at least the mid J new config, is a cot/bassinet position so would be blocked out? is this the only cot position on the main deck?

Makes perfect sense!

After all, how easy is it to handle a baby or toddler isolated by the massive privacy barriers?

Where would you put a 2 year old toddler (too old for a lap child) in BA First, where no double seats exist? Or in 767 Club World?
Old Jul 13, 2007, 4:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, HHonours Diamond, BA AMEX PremPlus
Originally Posted by chornedsnorkack
Makes perfect sense!

After all, how easy is it to handle a baby or toddler isolated by the massive privacy barriers?

Where would you put a 2 year old toddler (too old for a lap child) in BA First, where no double seats exist? Or in 767 Club World?
If you were adamant about taking a toddler in F, then 4 or 5 E/F seem the obvious choice. Yes, you won't then be able to sit next to your partner, but that's travelling with kids for you...

As it happens, even though I have the miles, I'm NOT going to take my 4 and 2 year old in F on my next redemption - I just don't think it's worth the miles. CW will be fine.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 12:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Teece
If you were adamant about taking a toddler in F, then 4 or 5 E/F seem the obvious choice. Yes, you won't then be able to sit next to your partner, but that's travelling with kids for you...

As it happens, even though I have the miles, I'm NOT going to take my 4 and 2 year old in F on my next redemption - I just don't think it's worth the miles. CW will be fine.
You mean, leaning over this

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0362327/L/

to get at your 2 year old?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 1:34 am

Programs: PC RA, Hertz PC, (Flybe) Premier card, Tesco Platinum
Ah, but that's the barrier in the up position, which it wouldn't usually see if you were travelling with someone you knew (unless I guess on an overnight and they were reading or something.

Come to think, would 1A/K not be quite good with a wee one? Actually no, go for 5A/E or 5F/K. Row 5 would have the adantage of being a long(er) way from the front, where I try and get my seat and maybe close enough to the galley that one of the cabin crew could look after them.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 1:55 am

You mean, leaning over this

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0362327/L/

to get at your 2 year old?
In fact, you can see that it lowers in the the same picture - look at what you can see of 5E/F...
Old Jul 16, 2007, 3:50 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by mwalsh
When the passenger on the isle has his/her footrest up, the seat flat, and limbs extended thereon, how hard it is to get over said person (and, yes, the seat too) without teabagging various parts of his/her body?
Teabagging?

Explanation someone please....
Old Jul 16, 2007, 4:20 am

Programs: EY Platinum
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=teabagging

NB Not for the faint hearted or easily offended.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 5:19 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Originally Posted by csdf
http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=teabagging

NB Not for the faint hearted or easily offended.
Old Jul 16, 2007, 8:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Teece
In fact, you can see that it lowers in the the same picture - look at what you can see of 5E/F...
And even in the extreme retracted position, there still is a pretty massive barrier left. Can you, say, fasten the seat belt of the toddler over the barrier?
Old Jul 16, 2007, 8:59 am

And even in the extreme retracted position, there still is a pretty massive barrier left. Can you, say, fasten the seat belt of the toddler over the barrier?
Yes, I'm happy that I could, but as I've already said, I consider F a waste of miles for a 2-year-old.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.