Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA is 3 times cheaper than FR - the Liarair Price Guarantee Nonsense

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So Liarair claims to be the Low Fares Airline. Just perusing the FR website, as you do, when you fancy reading some fiction, and interested in the headline:

WE GUARANTEE TO SAVE YOU MONEY

Find a lower fare than Liarair and we will refund double the difference
* Click here for details

But when you click here, you get routed to where you can fly FROM £10. Not a word about the guarantee. Just more fiction about cheapest, cheapest, cheapest, lie, lie, lie.

Having just booked 2 tickets to NQY for this Saturday on BA for £19 each plus tax, a total of £89, I was interested how much I could have saved if I had a booked on FR (not that I would have, of course, because I want to actually get there this time).

So, 2 Liar tickets this Saturday to NQY on Europe's cheapest airline will come to a bargain basement fare of..... drumroll.... more drumroll.....wetting myself out of anticipation....£245.

That's without paying for OLCI (which would make it £249), without a seat, without a lounge, without a drink on board, without anything in fact, because they probably won't go anyway.

£249 is a staggering £160 more than BA's fare of £89. So, does this mean O Liary gives me £320 in cash for spotting this?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Silver, TK Silver, HH Diamond, IHG Plat AMB
I think you have to fly from the same airports and the flight times must be within an hour of each other.

So if FR flies fom STN and BA from LGW then that wouldnt qualify under the conditons of the price guarantee
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OMG, a Liar ticket this Friday is £152 for one person, one way, to NQY.

Is anyone stupid enough to pay more than 1p for a FR flight?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
I thought Liarair was one of your favourites Smirnie, especially after your last NQY experience with(out) them
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:31 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
It's worth a punt at ASA if you cannot get them to redeem the guarantee - we know how ASA love Liarair
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Boddingtons
I think you have to fly from the same airports and the flight times must be within an hour of each other.

So if FR flies fom STN and BA from LGW then that wouldnt qualify under the conditons of the price guarantee
Well it's a pointless claim then that they guarantee to save you money. Because they don't.

In fact you could book a stretch limo at STN, pick up some Essex girls on the way, have some sticky fun on the way round the M25, kick them out at Crawley, have a McD's at the North Terminal, take the BA plane, and still save money.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Smirnoff
Well it's a pointless claim then that they guarantee to save you money. Because they don't.

In fact you could book a stretch limo at STN, pick up some Essex girls on the way, have some sticky fun on the way round the M25, kick them out at Crawley, have a McD's at the North Terminal, take the BA plane, and still save money.
Yes but you'll be itching throughout the flight after a quickie with an Essex blonde!
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Proud owner of 3 Mucci's (yes, 3!) the latest being Chevaliere des Bains Chauds, BA Silver (6 yrs)
Originally Posted by Smirnoff
And you know we LGW girls are far cuter
Old Jun 18, 2007, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Yes but you'll be itching throughout the flight after a quickie with an Essex blonde!
Probably still itching after the quickie, too
Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:23 pm

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold – previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Language please!

There are ladies present!
Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by krug
Anyway, Smirnie's not blond.......
Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:29 pm

Itching for more more like...referring back to his obscene fine tally
Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:34 pm
Suspended

Anyway, Smirnie's not blond.......
Grrrrrrrr
Not all of us blondes are from Essex krug And some of us are very fussy I'll have you know. Fraternising with FTers

Thank you BA or bust for trying to bring some manners into krug and Bodds - a wasted effort though methinks!!
Old Jun 18, 2007, 5:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by sunrisegirl
Grrrrrrrr
Not all of us blondes are from Essex krug And some of us are very fussy I'll have you know. Fraternising with FTers

Thank you BA or bust for trying to bring some manners into krug and Bodds - a wasted effort though methinks!!
Remember it only takes one person to complain and they will look into it, same with Ofcom, so if anyone fancies it.....

Sunrisegirl, I know some very nice blonde ladies (most of whom aren't from east of the city, so you are in good company.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 1:20 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C

Cities pairs, not actual airports are the requirement so this case is okay (assume 1hr matches). Unfortunately you have to make the booking and claim within one hour. If they're closed, and the lower fare is gone when they re-open Monday am, you're out of luck.

More importantly, the "double refund" is limited to an enormous £70 return. So you'd still be paying £90 more. Is there a point, with ridiculous restrictions, that a "guarantee" can no longer be advertised as such.

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notic...ubledifference

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.