OT: Helicopter into LHR

Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA-Gold, BD-*G, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Plat-AMB
OT: Helicopter into LHR

Is there anyone who does a helo transfer service into LHR from Battersea Heliport ?

In fact is there anywhere at LHR for a helo to land with facilites to get to the terminals ?

Anyone with any first hand experience of doing it

TIA

Andy
Old Jun 17, 2007, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
I'd start here...

http://www.harrodsaviation.com/chart...r_airport.html

A cool £2.5k for the "cheap" helicopter...

The issue would be that you'll land on the south side of the airport, away from the main terminals - it's not like you'll land on the roof of car park three or anything.

Also, not sure if you'll be security cleared at this point.

Also note that the heliport is in Battersea, which would take at least 15 minutes to get to from the West End.

First class on the Heathrow Express or a taxi-bike both sound a lot less hassle and a lot quicker to me...
Old Jun 18, 2007, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Its free if you buy 2 F tickets on MH
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:26 am

Programs: BA Gold
Try http://www.poloaviation.com/charterP.cfm I'm going to Glastonbury with them next weekend better price than Harrods.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 4:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony
I'd start here...

http://www.harrodsaviation.com/chart...r_airport.html

A cool 2.5k for the "cheap" helicopter...

The issue would be that you'll land on the south side of the airport, away from the main terminals - it's not like you'll land on the roof of car park three or anything.

Also, not sure if you'll be at this point.

Also note that the heliport is in Battersea, which would take at least 15 minutes to get to from the West End.

First class on the Heathrow Express or a taxi-bike both sound a lot less hassle and a lot quicker to me...

As long as you have EU passport Harrods Will arrange for you to be security cleared.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 5:07 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Originally Posted by andygrist
Is there anyone who does a helo transfer service into LHR from Battersea Heliport ?

In fact is there anywhere at LHR for a helo to land with facilites to get to the terminals ?

TIA

Andy
Yes - I used a charter service yesterday to get me into LHR to catch a very unplanned flight! Sadly my carbon footprint has increased massively, but god forbid I delay another plane............

Try these guys - very professional, quick to respond and also (relatively speaking) good value. Premiair 01895 830900.
Old Jun 18, 2007, 5:53 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Originally Posted by BAPremier
god forbid I delay another plane............
Full marks, sir, for your sense of humour! Any chance you can publish your travel plans for the rest of 2007 so that some of us can at least reduce by one the number of possible causes of delay of our own BA flights?
Old Jun 18, 2007, 7:16 am

I've heard very good things about Premiair as well. A nice extensive fleet of helicopters on their books, and they dabble in bizjets too.

They defnintly know their stuff. ^
Old Jun 19, 2007, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA-Gold, BD-*G, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Plat-AMB
Many thanks to all for the advice

Sadly this isn't for me but a client who I have passed on the details of Premiair to.

Out of interest BA Premier, where do you land and what are the transfer arrangements to get to the terminal ?

Thanks again

Andy
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:30 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Many thanks to all for the advice

Sadly this isn't for me but a client who I have passed on the details of Premiair to.

Out of interest BA Premier, where do you land and what are the transfer arrangements to get to the terminal ?

Thanks again

Andy
There is a helipad between the Royal Suite and T4. It is very discreet except for the large H on the ground - in all honesty most people wouldn't notice it as it looks like one of the taxi ways.

Special services then collected me and whisked me straight to T4. Within 25 minutes of arriving at LHR I was sat in my seat on BAx waiting for departure. Very very smooth, but then Special Services at LHR are just wonderful - you know who you are ^
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:34 am

TIA

Andy
I have also used this outfit from Metro London Heliport (I think this is also referred to as Battersea).

Aircraft Charter on 0800 035 2816.

Slightly cheaper than PremiAir, but not qute as slick.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer
Full marks, sir, for your sense of humour! Any chance you can publish your travel plans for the rest of 2007 so that some of us can at least reduce by one the number of possible causes of delay of our own BA flights?
For you Phil, I almost feel obliged to PM you 24 hours before I board my next flight India on Friday - beware!
Old Jun 19, 2007, 1:26 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by BAPremier
Premiair 01895 830900.
Don't try Googling them, you'll get a very long list of Morphy Richards vacuum cleaners by the same name.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.