OT: Helicopter into LHR

Old Jun 18, 07, 12:03 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: BA-Gold, BD-*G, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Plat-AMB
Posts: 61
OT: Helicopter into LHR

Is there anyone who does a helo transfer service into LHR from Battersea Heliport ?

In fact is there anywhere at LHR for a helo to land with facilites to get to the terminals ?

Anyone with any first hand experience of doing it

TIA

Andy
andygrist is offline  
Old Jun 18, 07, 12:29 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: somewhere north of London, UK
Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Posts: 15,243
I'd start here...

http://www.harrodsaviation.com/chart...r_airport.html

A cool £2.5k for the "cheap" helicopter...

The issue would be that you'll land on the south side of the airport, away from the main terminals - it's not like you'll land on the roof of car park three or anything.

Also, not sure if you'll be security cleared at this point.

Also note that the heliport is in Battersea, which would take at least 15 minutes to get to from the West End.

First class on the Heathrow Express or a taxi-bike both sound a lot less hassle and a lot quicker to me...
Swiss Tony is offline  
Old Jun 18, 07, 2:20 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: LHR
Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Posts: 8,665
Its free if you buy 2 F tickets on MH
KenJohn is offline  
Old Jun 18, 07, 5:26 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW8 London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,065
Try http://www.poloaviation.com/charterP.cfm I'm going to Glastonbury with them next weekend better price than Harrods.
moonbeam is offline  
Old Jun 18, 07, 5:28 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NW8 London
Programs: BA Gold
Posts: 1,065
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
I'd start here...

http://www.harrodsaviation.com/chart...r_airport.html

A cool 2.5k for the "cheap" helicopter...

The issue would be that you'll land on the south side of the airport, away from the main terminals - it's not like you'll land on the roof of car park three or anything.

Also, not sure if you'll be at this point.

Also note that the heliport is in Battersea, which would take at least 15 minutes to get to from the West End.

First class on the Heathrow Express or a taxi-bike both sound a lot less hassle and a lot quicker to me...

As long as you have EU passport Harrods Will arrange for you to be security cleared.
moonbeam is offline  
Old Jun 18, 07, 6:07 am
  #6  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Usually 2K
Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Posts: 361
Originally Posted by andygrist View Post
Is there anyone who does a helo transfer service into LHR from Battersea Heliport ?

In fact is there anywhere at LHR for a helo to land with facilites to get to the terminals ?

Anyone with any first hand experience of doing it

TIA

Andy
Yes - I used a charter service yesterday to get me into LHR to catch a very unplanned flight! Sadly my carbon footprint has increased massively, but god forbid I delay another plane............

Try these guys - very professional, quick to respond and also (relatively speaking) good value. Premiair 01895 830900.
BAPremier is offline  
Old Jun 18, 07, 6:53 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Somerset/Dorset/Wiltshire borders, England [home].
Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Posts: 6,154
Originally Posted by BAPremier View Post
god forbid I delay another plane............
Full marks, sir, for your sense of humour! Any chance you can publish your travel plans for the rest of 2007 so that some of us can at least reduce by one the number of possible causes of delay of our own BA flights?
Phil the Flyer is offline  
Old Jun 18, 07, 8:16 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 2,445
I've heard very good things about Premiair as well. A nice extensive fleet of helicopters on their books, and they dabble in bizjets too.

They defnintly know their stuff.
spanishflea is offline  
Old Jun 19, 07, 5:52 am
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Programs: BA-Gold, BD-*G, Hilton-Diamond, IHG-Plat-AMB
Posts: 61
Many thanks to all for the advice

Sadly this isn't for me but a client who I have passed on the details of Premiair to.

Out of interest BA Premier, where do you land and what are the transfer arrangements to get to the terminal ?

Thanks again

Andy
andygrist is offline  
Old Jun 19, 07, 11:30 am
  #10  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Usually 2K
Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Posts: 361
Originally Posted by andygrist View Post
Many thanks to all for the advice

Sadly this isn't for me but a client who I have passed on the details of Premiair to.

Out of interest BA Premier, where do you land and what are the transfer arrangements to get to the terminal ?

Thanks again

Andy
There is a helipad between the Royal Suite and T4. It is very discreet except for the large H on the ground - in all honesty most people wouldn't notice it as it looks like one of the taxi ways.

Special services then collected me and whisked me straight to T4. Within 25 minutes of arriving at LHR I was sat in my seat on BAx waiting for departure. Very very smooth, but then Special Services at LHR are just wonderful - you know who you are
BAPremier is offline  
Old Jun 19, 07, 11:34 am
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Usually 2K
Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Posts: 361
Originally Posted by andygrist View Post
Is there anyone who does a helo transfer service into LHR from Battersea Heliport ?

In fact is there anywhere at LHR for a helo to land with facilites to get to the terminals ?

Anyone with any first hand experience of doing it

TIA

Andy
I have also used this outfit from Metro London Heliport (I think this is also referred to as Battersea).

Aircraft Charter on 0800 035 2816.

Slightly cheaper than PremiAir, but not qute as slick.
BAPremier is offline  
Old Jun 19, 07, 11:36 am
  #12  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Usually 2K
Programs: Mucci, BA Premier, EK IO, Amex Centurion, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, IC Ambassador
Posts: 361
Originally Posted by Phil the Flyer View Post
Full marks, sir, for your sense of humour! Any chance you can publish your travel plans for the rest of 2007 so that some of us can at least reduce by one the number of possible causes of delay of our own BA flights?
For you Phil, I almost feel obliged to PM you 24 hours before I board my next flight India on Friday - beware!
BAPremier is offline  
Old Jun 19, 07, 2:26 pm
  #13  
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald); QF Lifestime Silver; BD Diamond Club Gold (*A Gold)
Posts: 4,786
Originally Posted by BAPremier View Post
Premiair 01895 830900.
Don't try Googling them, you'll get a very long list of Morphy Richards vacuum cleaners by the same name.
virtualtroy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread