Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IT fares

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

IT fares

I have found some unbelievable IT fares to places for example NCE at £340 in C booking class. There are also other special C class fares to Athens and Istanbul at ridiculously low fares. Im sure most of you are aware of these special fares but does anyone know how to get same day IT fares as they all seem to require a min 1 night stay?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Aren't the point of IT fares that they're special deals for flight + hotel combined? Prett hard to get a hotel without at least 1 night...?

BTW what is so 'unbelievable' about a 340 quid CE fare to NCE? You say it books in C, is that CEUCBA or CEUNBA? i.e. are you buying flexibility too which makes this better than an I class which is considerably less than 340?
Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:52 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by G-BOAC
Aren't the point of IT fares that they're special deals for flight + hotel combined? Prett hard to get a hotel without at least 1 night...?

BTW what is so 'unbelievable' about a 340 quid CE fare to NCE? You say it books in C, is that CEUCBA or CEUNBA? i.e. are you buying flexibility too which makes this better than an I class which is considerably less than 340?
Are you joking or what!? the normal C fares are £628 + tax from LHR or £788 + tax from LGW. Yes you get the same flexibility you get when you buy a C fare. Also, as im sure you are aware the I fare from LHR in the Summer is actually about £280 all in and in any case when booking the day before it is highly unlikely that even D class let alone I class is available. Therefore I believe that £340 to NCE in C class is UNBELIEVABLE.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 3:54 pm
Original Poster

Also, yes you are right about the hotel thing..i just think there might be a way to get a same day return and book the hotel for a different night.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 1:13 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Originally Posted by Abstract1
Also, yes you are right about the hotel thing..i just think there might be a way to get a same day return and book the hotel for a different night.
If they are felxible as you believe what is to stop you booking with a one night stopover and then changing the date of the return once the ticket is issued ?

On a longhaul IT, which has the more usual nominal cancellation / change fees, Trailfinders told me recently that the ticket did not atcually have to be issued until a few days before departure, thefore circumventing even those fees.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.