Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Booking reference out of cheaptickets.com record locator?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 10:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH M&M; BD DC; KL FB

For the second time, I booked intra-european BA tickets via www.cheaptickets.com as they are a lot cheaper than via BA.com.

Unfortunately, cheaptickets.com does not give you the booking reference. However, by typing in some part of the record locator (different from the booking reference) provided by cheaptickets.com, the booking shows up on ba.com and shows you than the BA booking reference. Whereas this worked the last time, I don't really arrive this time.

So, does anybody know how the system works, which parts of the locator should be used?

Thanks

DA40
Old Nov 26, 2007, 10:21 am

Thumbs up Cheaptickets record locator and BA booking no

Hi,

Seems that you disregard the last two letters on the cheaptickets record locator eg RZ and count back 6 to get the correct British Airways booking reference number:

So the full cheaptickets ref might look like : BR34050B5G8JKRZ - the BA record locator would be B5G8JK

Just tried it and it worked but next week who knows?

Good luck
Old Nov 26, 2007, 1:15 pm

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Arent BA meant to price match prices from anywhere else on the web?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by Fivelamps
Hi,

Seems that you disregard the last two letters on the cheaptickets record locator eg RZ and count back 6 to get the correct British Airways booking reference number:

So the full cheaptickets ref might look like : BR34050B5G8JKRZ - the BA record locator would be B5G8JK

Just tried it and it worked but next week who knows?

Good luck
Welcome to FT, fivelamps, and thank you for this tidbit!
Old Nov 26, 2007, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
Arent BA meant to price match prices from anywhere else on the web?
Sure they are, however (IIRC) *everything* has to match.
Bucket, rules, no special promotion e.t.c.
Of course, YMMV.

--r
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:45 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold
Ticket confirmation

Hi,

I know I'm bumping an old thread, but it's a similar topic.

I booked a BA ticket on cheaptickets.com yesterday (they're about 50% cheaper than BA for the ticket), but haven't received any confirmation e-mail yet. They did state that it could take up to 24 hours, but I'm begining to worry that this was a (not very obvious) mistake fare. I've heard nothing from cheaptickets.com (either confirmation or cancellation). I found the ticket on sidestep.com, linking to both cheaptickets.com and orbitz.com (which I have since found out are the same company), so I was pretty sure it was a valid ticket.

Does anybody know how long it normally takes cheaptickets.com to issue the ticket, or how to check if it's still being processed? I have a purchase request e-mail, as well as a CheapTickets record locator.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:27 pm

hi

how to locate a ticket..? somebody help me please......
Old Mar 24, 2012, 6:47 pm

Programs: MUCCI - Order of the Diamond Hairbrush and Champion of Queens,BA Broon,HH Diamond,PC Plat,BA Amex
Originally Posted by cd..
WHat a strange question !

Have you tried looking in your inside jacket pocket ? That's where I often put mine !
Old Mar 24, 2012, 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by cd..
Please be more specific. What exactly are you asking?

rb211.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.