Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Can IB check bags all the way through to YVR, if ALC-MAD-LHR on IB and LHR-YVR on BA?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Can IB check bags all the way through to YVR, if ALC-MAD-LHR on IB and LHR-YVR on BA?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2007, 4:51 am
Original Poster

Will be leaving in a few days, and just have a 2 hour connection in LHR. Will be on Iberia from Alicante to Madrid to LHR, then on BA, with a 2 hour connection, leaving LHR onto YVR.

I know I can print my BA boarding pass at the 24 hour mark, but will Iberia check my bags all the way through?? Concerned about the short connection if I must claim bags in LHR first.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 4:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Yes they can - even if it's not on the one ticket they should do it.

Iberia checked our bags from EZE-MAD-LHR-GLA and it was on two tickets........mind you it took thirty days for the bags to turn up!!!
Old Jun 14, 2007, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold; VA Velocity Gold; LH FTL; Marriott Gold; ICHG Platinum AMB; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by MileGuy
Will be leaving in a few days, and just have a 2 hour connection in LHR. Will be on Iberia from Alicante to Madrid to LHR, then on BA, with a 2 hour connection, leaving LHR onto YVR.

I know I can print my BA boarding pass at the 24 hour mark, but will Iberia check my bags all the way through?? Concerned about the short connection if I must claim bags in LHR first.
Absolutely no problem getting the bags tagged - the IB staff will just want to see an eticket confirmation or other evidence that you have a confirmed reservation on the LHR-YVR flight. When you get to LHR, show the BA staff at the boarding gate or in flight connections or in the departure lounge to enter your IB luggage tag numbers into the BA system (just sjow them the claim receipt stickers IB give you at ALC) - this will ensure the bags are matched up to you for security purposes.

Note that BA flights to YVR now leave from Terminal 1 at LHR, which is next door to the terminal IB use (Terminal 2) - this should make 2 hours a comfortable connection as you will not have to reclaim your bags. Your bags will also not need to move over to T4, which should mean they will definitely reach your onward flight.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 5:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by House
Note that BA flights to YVR now leave from Terminal 1 at LHR, which is next door to the terminal IB use (Terminal 2) - this should make 2 hours a comfortable connection as you will not have to reclaim your bags. Your bags will also not need to move over to T4, which should mean they will definitely reach your onward flight.
It's the MAD part that's the worry.
Old Jun 14, 2007, 5:27 am

Programs: BA Silver, LH Blue, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Priority Club Gold,Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by MileGuy

I had problems 2 years ago with Iberia at Alicante with a ALC-MAD-LHR-ORD flight, this was all on 1 ticket with the ALC-MAD-LHR as IB flight prefixes but MAD-LHR was operated by BA. At ALC they told me they could only check me to LHR and that I would have to collect my bag there and re-check in. I asked for a supervisor and 20 minutes later they checked my bag through to ORD (with a hand-written tag) and checked me as far as LHR. At MAD they managed to check me in for my LHR-ORD flight and issue me a boarding pass (with an upgrade!), and my bag even arrived at ORD.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.