FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Cabin Fever (turn it down to 30!) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/701152-cabin-fever-turn-down-30-a.html)

BBQ_Winglets Jun 6, 2007 11:07 am

Cabin Fever (turn it down to 30!)

:rolleyes: Hey folks...

In the past 6 weeks or so I have had 5 longhaul segments on BA and on the four I have taken in 747-400, the cabin in Upper Deck was extremely warm during the entire overnight flight :confused:

I of course asked the CC if there was anything that could be done, obligatory "Ï'll ask the captain" response, but for those of us who can't sleep without a blanket over us it made for some unpleasant travel. Curiously enough, the 777 flights I have had this year have been quite comfy, except for the mysterious "bad air" -- the temperature has always been fine tho...

I'd expect this from CX (in fact, I am always prepared for a very warm cabin there), but am I the only one noticing this? :confused:

/BBQ

AMSwing Jun 6, 2007 11:35 am

AFAIK: The cabin crew should be able to regulate the cabin temperature themselves (every cabin can be regulated individualy).

I think the conventional wisdom among cabin crew is that high temperatures (and lots of booze) keeps the punters drowsy and quiet... :)

krug Jun 6, 2007 11:39 am

Originally Posted by AMSwing (Post 7859778)
AFAIK: The cabin crew should be able to regulate the cabin temperature themselves (every cabin can be regulated individualy).

I think the conventional wisdom among cabin crew is that high temperatures (and lots of booze) keeps the punters drowsy and quiet... :)

I find asking nicely to keep it around 22/23 does the trick. If they are not co-operating then I go and speak to them for an extended period - lots of "what does this knob do" newbie stuff ; I soon find the cabin cools and I can return to my bed for a good night's rest.

sdorling Jun 6, 2007 11:41 am

drowsy and quiet perhaps... but hot and bothered doesn't exactly bode well for a good nights sleep! :mad:

This is the only real gripe I have, and its not just BA - CX and QF are culprits too. The best nights sleep i've had was with LA on a MIA-SCL flight in January.

I wish they would err of the side of caution and set the temperature a little on the cold side, at least you can always put layers on, once down to T-shirt and shorts/jeans/trousers it doesn't leave much to work with... at least not without getting arrested! :D

Prospero Jun 6, 2007 11:42 am

I am also one who finds it very difficult to get comfortable and sleep in a tropical cabin. I find though, that the crew are happy to adjust the thermostat when I ask nicely.

There are some days you know as soon as you meet the crew that you are going to get roasted during the night,

ajamieson Jun 6, 2007 11:56 am

I find it a problem, too. A recent SEA-LHR in CW was so hot it made me feel ill.

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 7859830)
There are some days you know as soon as you meet the crew that you are going to get roasted during the night,

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Kiwi Flyer Jun 6, 2007 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by sdorling (Post 7859820)
drowsy and quiet perhaps... but hot and bothered doesn't exactly bode well for a good nights sleep! :mad:

This is the only real gripe I have, and its not just BA - CX and QF are culprits too. The best nights sleep i've had was with LA on a MIA-SCL flight in January.

I wish they would err of the side of caution and set the temperature a little on the cold side, at least you can always put layers on, once down to T-shirt and shorts/jeans/trousers it doesn't leave much to work with... at least not without getting arrested! :D

Exactly. "Trust me you don't want me stripping off any more layers :D "

BA were again hot in my latest flights. I noticed there was a considerable difference in temperature between WT galley (mild) and the forward mini cabin (hot) :(

AJLondon Jun 6, 2007 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 7859830)

flippin heck, what flights have you been on recently!? :eek: :eek: :p :p ;)

krug Jun 6, 2007 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by AJLondon (Post 7859971)
flippin heck, what flights have you been on recently!? :eek: :eek: :p :p ;)

Not that kind of roasted, AJLondon :eek: . Down, boy!

AJLondon Jun 6, 2007 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by krug (Post 7860008)

Ther is more than one kind? We are talking about high temperatures in the cabin, right? :confused: ;)

Prospero Jun 6, 2007 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by krug (Post 7860008)

Thank you krug - as we all should know, spitting is strictly prohibited on board

DYKWIA Jun 6, 2007 12:30 pm

Would anyone believe me if I said that a friend walked into a 'roasting' session involving Ian and Janette Krankie and Bob Carolgees?

I didn't believe it either, but she swore it was true (she worked at the BBC in Manchester).

Cheers,
Rick

krug Jun 6, 2007 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by Prospero (Post 7860028)
Thank you krug - as we all should know, spitting is strictly prohibited on board

Swallowing seems similarly out of fashion, too.

ajamieson Jun 6, 2007 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA (Post 7860137)
Would anyone believe me if I said that a friend walked into a 'roasting' session involving Ian and Janette Krankie and Bob Carolgees?

The best thread creep ever....

Kiwi Flyer Jun 6, 2007 12:47 pm

Originally Posted by ajamieson (Post 7860187)
The best thread creep ever....

:confused: surely a contradiction