Cannot OLCI as it has already closed at T-24?

Old Jun 6, 07, 5:39 am
  #1  
JSC
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 690
Cannot OLCI as it has already closed at T-24?

Tried to OLCI for my flight back tomorrow and I get a message that it has already closed and is only available between T-24 and T-1, but it is now T-23...

I have not had this problem in the last 2 months that I've been taking this flight. The only difference is that this time as Y was full I was waitlisted and bought a J ticket. I placed myself squarely into 1A and was hoping to sit back and relax there tomorrow. Unfortunately I now cannot OLCI so what's going on here then? My fear is that they think there will be availability in Y for me so are waiting until I turn up at the airport. But since I am paying the extra for J why would they want to put me back in Y???

Anyone have any idea what's going on?
JSC is offline  
Old Jun 6, 07, 5:44 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: London, UK
Programs: BA/BD Gold/IC A/*Wood Gold - Certified BodyCombat and BodyPump Instructor
Posts: 6,070
Relax.

Firstly call BA and find out what is happening. If the flight is that full, maybe they are oversold and restricting OLCI. It may still open up later on, so keep checking.

But why on earth would you buy a J and waitlist for Y? Even with our stupid travel policy if Y is sold out, it is sold out.
LHR Tim is offline  
Old Jun 6, 07, 5:44 am
  #3  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,924
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Tried to OLCI for my flight back tomorrow and I get a message that it has already closed and is only available between T-24 and T-1, but it is now T-23...

I have not had this problem in the last 2 months that I've been taking this flight. The only difference is that this time as Y was full I was waitlisted and bought a J ticket. I placed myself squarely into 1A and was hoping to sit back and relax there tomorrow. Unfortunately I now cannot OLCI so what's going on here then? My fear is that they think there will be availability in Y for me so are waiting until I turn up at the airport. But since I am paying the extra for J why would they want to put me back in Y???

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

I cannot OLCI at the moment for tomorrow.

Am getting different error messages each time I try:

1 - It is too late to check in, your flight has closed
2 - It is too early to check in, check in is available from T-24 hours
3 - Technical errors, please proceed to the airport.
Smirnoff is offline  
Old Jun 6, 07, 5:51 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,924
Well if you are ticketed in J, and have seat 1A pre-assigned, then no-one is going to take that away (well, barring a resurrection of the Seat Shifters, but extermely unlikely).

Secondly, if you are you are waitlisted in Y under the same reservation, I guess you can keep checking MMB to see if it confirms. You would need your ticket re-issued, which will cost about 792 in service charges. Is it really worth it?

Whether you can continue to waitlist in Y after checking in in J is an interesting questions. Logically not, as OLCI implies a firm intention to travel, but may be the systems aren't that clever.
Smirnoff is offline  
Old Jun 6, 07, 6:48 am
  #5  
JSC
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 690
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Well if you are ticketed in J, and have seat 1A pre-assigned, then no-one is going to take that away (well, barring a resurrection of the Seat Shifters, but extermely unlikely).

Secondly, if you are you are waitlisted in Y under the same reservation, I guess you can keep checking MMB to see if it confirms. You would need your ticket re-issued, which will cost about 792 in service charges. Is it really worth it?

Whether you can continue to waitlist in Y after checking in in J is an interesting questions. Logically not, as OLCI implies a firm intention to travel, but may be the systems aren't that clever.
Quite right... I don't want to be reticketed in Y but its company policy as its S/H under 3 hours. Previously when I have been waitlisted if it has eventually freed up then MMB would show me back in Y with the J booking disappearing. This time I'm currently still showing up in 1A in MMB but just can't OLCI.
JSC is offline  
Old Jun 6, 07, 6:57 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 11,924
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Quite right... I don't want to be reticketed in Y but its company policy as its S/H under 3 hours. Previously when I have been waitlisted if it has eventually freed up then MMB would show me back in Y with the J booking disappearing. This time I'm currently still showing up in 1A in MMB but just can't OLCI.
Are you sure the ticket has been issued. I can't see any waitlist-clearing, downgrading, refunding of fare difference happening completely automatically.

Could it not be on hold in J, waitlisted in Y, and not yet ticketed?

Are you saying that company policy is that you travel in Y (under 3 hours) and if Y is unavailable, you travel in J but pay the difference yourself? That's shocking. Is there no way you could make it 3 hours (with a connection) or find cheaper I class availability which is cheaper than the Y fare?
Smirnoff is offline  
Old Jun 6, 07, 7:39 am
  #7  
JSC
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Sydney
Posts: 690
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
Are you sure the ticket has been issued. I can't see any waitlist-clearing, downgrading, refunding of fare difference happening completely automatically.

Could it not be on hold in J, waitlisted in Y, and not yet ticketed?

Are you saying that company policy is that you travel in Y (under 3 hours) and if Y is unavailable, you travel in J but pay the difference yourself? That's shocking. Is there no way you could make it 3 hours (with a connection) or find cheaper I class availability which is cheaper than the Y fare?
Smirnoff - you're on the money again ... turns out the ticket has not been issued yet as BA have not received the fare difference. I guess my travel office were waiting to see if Y opens up before reticketing. And no, I can still claim the difference (client pays really). Thanks for your comments!

Update: Now managed to check in after they took my money and reissued the ticket

Last edited by JSC; Jun 6, 07 at 9:00 am Reason: update
JSC is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread